Container colours

ElectroSoldier

Hi guys.

Like you guys at the minute Im interested in modelling some containers, but for a model railway but as a member here I thought the best people to ask would be you guys as they are intermodal :-)

Ive got the colours I wanted so far for Evergreen RAL 6017 (Tamiya XF-71), Hapag-Lloyd RAL RAL 2000 (no colour), Maersk RAL 7037 (Hataka C249), OCL RAL 5013 (Vallejo 71090) and Tex RAL 3005 (No colour) but the one Im stuck on K-Line red, P&O Blue and MSC yellow. 

Can anybody help me find the correct RAL codes for these paints please?

Any suggestions for the other colours would be good too as its a bit of a mine field trying to find model paints to match RAL codes, a lot of them dont seem to be made. 

Whilst I can't help with the exact RAL colours, colours do fade and weather so we've always worked on an 'if it looks right' theory. As odd as it sounds, some colours don't scale down well either, I can remember being told MSC yellow was a difficult one to get looking right in model form. If you look at repair patches on the prototype you'll see the paint shade doesn't match either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...