Z21 function miss placed

mikeg

I have accidentally moved F6 from the square it was in upto the top control one position so that the F6 is above frame of the border of the function boxes. Can anyone tell me how to move it back to its correct position? I can move any function to any other function positions but the one I accidentally moved does not move but still works and is visible in front of the “Control One’ but looks wrong!

Hope that somebody knows how to replace, or do I have to re input the loco.

regards mike 

• RMweb Gold

No idea if I'm understanding the problem correctly but the way I can move the function buttons up or down is to go into the loco settings, cluck on functions, then click and hold on a function button and then drag it to a new position ?

• RMweb Gold

Very odd lol, I cant drag one out of the frame at all, if I drag it and drop anywhere outside the frame it just slides right back in . Have you tried deleting it ? If you can click on it in vehicle edit mode then click on the delete box. . . Then just recreate it ?

Just a thought.  The Z21 doesn't have an F6 button - that is in the app on the smartphone or whatever you are using to talk to the Z21.

So if there's a bug allowing it to go to the wrong place, that must be in the app not the Z21 itself, mustn't it?

I'm only just getting used to the Z21 myself and still experimenting but I have got as far as using 2 mobiles to control 2 trains.  Can you export the loco data to another mobile and does it do the same on that?  Something I haven't done myself yet, but understand you can do - although I hope I don't have to do that myself, anticipating defining things via Itrain if I get that..

But if the problem doesn't duplicate onto a second mobile, perhaps it would then transfer back correctly to the first

But Matt's idea of deleting the function (if it will let you!) and recreating it sounds simpler.

Please keep us posted on how you do solve it.

I had to delete the loco and and re input all the functions again as Matt suggested. Iain I use the IPad as the main controller with all my locomotives stored on it and use an android phone for general running sessions with a steam roster plus a diesel roster also I have set up a combined one with a limited number of locos usually 4 steam and 3 diesel all RTR mainly Dapol all with sound but normally I only have one of each type with the sound on as I find any more irritating after about 30 minutes!

regards mike