Woodland scenics lighting help!

Hiya, I'm running my small layout 8' x 4' using the gaugemaster combi single track controller.

i have the accessory side powering the woodland scenics just plug module, from which I am running 3 lights.

these all work fine until I run a train, and then they start flickering, all three at once. Any ideas? Would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim.

• RMweb Gold

The Combi is only a 1 amp controller. You don't say what the locomotive is that you're running, so it may be consuming too much of the power from the controller to allow the lights to function properly as well. I have no idea how much power the lights consume and Bachmann's website is no help whatsoever, as usual.

I suggest you try running the locmotive with no lights connected, then one light connected, then two lights connected and finally with all 3 lights connected, to see at which point the flickering starts.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that the lights are LEDs, in which case they should only be drawing a current of 20 - 30 mA each.  I'd have thought that it was more likely to be caused by interference rather than the lights drawing too much current.  However, I note that the accessory output of the COMBI is 16/18V AC, whereas the power supply that is sold for the Just plug modules is 24V DC (See https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/JP-PS).  I don't know if this is part of your problem.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for replies, I am running a Bachmann class 20 analogue, and a Bachmann class 57 dcc ready. But both locos do it.

perhaps I should just buy the woodland scenics power supply.