Weve lost our club room...can anyone help

Chrisr40

Hello

This mail is basically a plea to anyone who may know of a suitable facility or interested party that could permanently house a small model rail club based in the Medway Towns in Kent.

I apologise if this should be in the clubs forum but as it is a request for help I thought it equally applicable to put it here and likely to see more traffic. Moderators if you wish to move it I would not be offended.

After almost 25 years in existence we will shortly be without a club room and in all likelihood it will mean the end of the club. Presently we have layouts in N, OO and SM32 garden scale Live Steam with a new DCC OO gauge under construction.

We have about 8 regular members - most of whom are retired but should suitable premises be available we would put them to best use by expanding the membership.

If you can help in any way or know of someone who may be able to help I would be extremely grateful and interested to receive a PM or your comments

Thanks

Chris - club treasurer

After almost 25 years in existence we will shortly be without a club room and in all likelihood it will mean the end of the club. Presently we have layouts in N, OO and SM32 garden scale Live Steam with a new DCC OO gauge under construction.

We have about 8 regular members - most of whom are retired but should suitable premises be available we would put them to best use by expanding the membership.

The first question has got to be where are you currently meeting and why are you no longer able to meet there?

My club (Fareham & Dist MRC) went through this when the Community Centre we used to meet in in Fareham was closed without replacement. We beat the council up quite badly and eventually we were offered several community buildings that were "redundant". All things are possible if you know how, and I am happy to share advice with you, but first I really need to know where you meet and why you can't carry on meeting there?

Regards

Elliott

The first question has got to be where are you currently meeting and why are you no longer able to meet there?

My club (Fareham & Dist MRC) went through this when the Community Centre we used to meet in in Fareham was closed without replacement. We beat the council up quite badly and eventually we were offered several community buildings that were "redundant". All things are possible if you know how, and I am happy to share advice with you, but first I really need to know where you meet and why you can't carry on meeting there?

Regards

Elliott

Just so no one thinks Im being rude - I pm'd Elliot and he has been very helpful indeed

Chris

Archived