rails to stop stocking Hornby.........

jonnyuk

• RMweb Gold

well just had an email from Rails.....

We regret to inform you that after over 35 years of trading with Hornby, with immediate effect we are unable to fulfil any orders for forthcoming release or out of stock Hornby products. 

Therefore over the coming days we will be cancelling pre orders and informing customers personally. We apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience this will cause you. 

We would like to make it clear that this only affects Hornby products that are on pre order or out of stock. All our other extensive range of brands are unaffected. 

...what the hell has happened here, fall out from the Dutches of Athol?

• Informative/Useful 3

• Moderators

As notified directly to us here by Rails too - 

Please refrain from speculation, supposition or assumptions please. Pointless posts will just get removed.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Slightly off topic but the owner of a small model shop recently told me he was dropping Hornby because they treat him badly . He is going to sell Dapol instead.

I would have thought that the big two online sellers each losing a major supplier could be good news for smaller retailers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Stevelewis said:

Oh  Well there  are plenty of  other  retailers  only  too happy to  supply  Hornby  products  many  at  simiilar  discounted  prices  so not  a  problem  really!

Exactly. We are used to big dealers stocking every brand. Now we have two who conspicuously do not stock a leading brand. But it only means looking elsewhere, just as we don’t go to a Vauxhall dealer for a Mondeo. 

• Agree 7

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NGM said:

Note to the omnipotent one  Why remove my pointless post but not the others, do I take the hint ;)

A good number have been removed already, I've left some guff in that isn't trying to speculate, suppose or assume. :)

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

The statement leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

It sure does. How the hell am I to decide what to have for dinner tonight now that I have seen this thread!

• Funny 16

1 minute ago, JohnR said:

I note the wording which specifies that they are only ceasing to list things that are on pre-order.

Could it be that they will continue to stock Hornby, but not take pre-orders?

OR out of stock.

They'll sell what they have and then that's it.

John P

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Why do we need to know, and why do we expect to have commercially sensitive decisions aired in public?

Why not? It might have an impact on my future purchases?

Edited by Haymarket47
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I note the wording which specifies that they are only ceasing to list things that are on pre-order.

If means that they will sell Hornby items that they currently have in stock.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, micklner said:

No one will win from this.

Get the feeling Kernow will do well out of this since they are the only "box shifter" left on good terms with both Bachmann and Hornby (for now).

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, JohnR said:

staying away from any speculation pre-order or out of stock sounds much more final than that - I read it as no further deliveries from Hornby

• Agree 3