Modern Image Tube Stock?

knitpick

This may be locked as "wish list" by our wonderful moderator but . . .

EFE-Rail are producing the 1938 tube stock in LT Underground colours.  But other models (e.g. J94, Class 17 etc) are being produced in a variety of liveries.  As they have done this before with static models, can EFE-Rail also produce the tube stock in IoW liveries (e.g.  NSE and dinosaur)?  Also will the motr unit also fit the 1958 tube stock that EFE produced some while back?

• Like 1

I think that the 1959 and 1962 stock had similar bogies and under frames so they would not have to do too much work to motorise them as well.

The Isle of Wight  liveries have all been done before as static models and they may still have the printing tools for them. Then just need to change the numbers

All the best

Ray

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 04:52, knitpick said:

This may be locked as "wish list" by our wonderful moderator but . . .

EFE-Rail are producing the 1938 tube stock in LT Underground colours.  But other models (e.g. J94, Class 17 etc) are being produced in a variety of liveries.  As they have done this before with static models, can EFE-Rail also produce the tube stock in IoW liveries (e.g.  NSE and dinosaur)?  Also will the motr unit also fit the 1958 tube stock that EFE produced some while back?

How about repainting a set?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Dickerson said:

£300 plus DIY dinosaur transfers might be a bit of a tall order. :scared: - perhaps?

7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

A reminder of those old days...

39368BCD-2928-46EF-803A-638CC589E249.jpeg.2c2a209a94bf802c5478e82dbd2036fe.jpeg

when did 4 car services stop ?

Now I understand dinosaur transfers......

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I was surprised to learn how bad its gotten on the IOW.

I was there 2 weeks ago, apparently I was lucky there was a 2 train service at all, as theres only 2 units serviceable left. One is confined to barracks. The rest are terminal knackers.  

There has been weeks were all services were canceled due to none being serviceable, others were its been hourly as only 1 unit was available.

The two that are left have got to last until next March.

I think the new “Met” units being supplied will bring the curtains down on this line when you look at it...

Class 485.. 42 vehicles lasted from 1967-1992 - 25 years

Class 483.. 44 vehicles: 18 service, 2 spare, supported by 24 stripped/scrapped for bits should give 31 years service.

The new 484 is just 10 vehicles... so no return to 4 car operation and what will spares look like in 10 years, let alone 30, though admittedly Vivarail has over 200 D stock cars stored in anticipation of bigger things and may provide for ripe harvesting.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I was surprised to learn how bad its gotten on the IOW.

I was there 2 weeks ago, apparently I was lucky there was a 2 train service at all, as theres only 2 units serviceable left. One is confined to barracks. The rest are terminal knackers.  

There has been weeks were all services were canceled due to none being serviceable, others were its been hourly as only 1 unit was available.

The two that are left have got to last until next March.

I think the new “Met” units being supplied will bring the curtains down on this line when you look at it...

Class 485.. 42 vehicles lasted from 1967-1992 - 25 years

Class 483.. 44 vehicles: 18 service, 2 spare, supported by 24 stripped/scrapped for bits should give 31 years service.

The new 484 is just 10 vehicles... so no return to 4 car operation and what will spares look like in 10 years, let alone 30, though admittedly Vivarail has over 200 D stock cars stored in anticipation of bigger things and may provide for ripe harvesting.

Only got to last until 3rd January 2021 as the line is shut from then until 31st March 2021 for upgrading prior to the new stock arriving.

the plan is that they will be able to run 2 4-car trains at peak times with one spare/repair/exam.

Roy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/09/2020 at 11:25, pheaton said:

Same time they ran out of grey paint by the looks of it!!

006 looked in better shape back in 2018 and had the benefit of the lovely SWR logo

Edit to correct TOC

Island Line 006 Ryde Pier head & St John's Road 19 7 2018.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

That must be quite a rare shot for these days of two of them actually working at the same time!!

Both were working all week, until the doors failed in one carriage.  The depot is doing its best with clapped out equipment, I was impressed by there condition.  Well done to all at St Johns depot.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 17:24, charliepetty said:

DSC_0636.JPG

The master at work.... 

i didnt think Bif was going to do a file for them to be fair!  Must message him about it.... :D

we will have to pack him up and ship him back accross the water when the new 484’s turn up as a just incase! Haha ;)

• Like 1