NCE Power Cab UK

Paul Cotterill

Hey all after lurking this forum a while I’ve decided to upgrade my Hornby select to an NC’E Power Cab. My local Train store doesn’t deal with them but I see Hattons do them for £160 but sadly out of stock. Has anyone come across any that are in stock for around this price I’ve tried everywhere I can think of but being new to the hobby I don’t know that many places and google wasn’t at all helpful!

many thanks 

paul. 

• RMweb Gold

I was lucky enough to get a new power cab from Hattons 6 weeks ago at that price, having previously set up an alert for new stock arrivals. They seem to move pretty quickly off the shelf, and availability is intermittent - I had been waiting quite a while. Occasionally used ones come in too, so I would suggest setting up an alert and be prepared to act quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beejack said:

Both Digitrains and The model centre are showing as having stock but unfortunately slightly higher price @ £180 and £178 respectively.

Worth every penny!  I've had my Powercab for 10 years since I converted to DCC and I love it. Highly recommended.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

Still very much worth the price IMO.

35 minutes ago, Alcanman said:

Worth every penny!  I've had my Powercab for 10 years since I converted to DCC and I love it. Highly recommended.

32 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I know I'm repeating myself but the slightly higher cost is worth it if you want ongoing advice and support from a speciallist.....

Agreed.   Had mine for 8 years and have never regretted buying it. 

Forgot to mention, The Model shop offer free delivery on orders over £60.  (no connection to the company but this could be a bonus!)    

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 27/08/2020 at 16:43, Paul Cotterill said:

Hey all after lurking this forum a while I’ve decided to upgrade my Hornby select to an NC’E Power Cab. My local Train store doesn’t deal with them but I see Hattons do them for £160 but sadly out of stock. Has anyone come across any that are in stock for around this price I’ve tried everywhere I can think of but being new to the hobby I don’t know that many places and google wasn’t at all helpful!

many thanks 

paul. 

2nd hand one in stock at Hattons - seems my notifcation is still active...

https://www.hattons.co.uk/566024/nce_524_042_po20_nce_power_cab_2_amp_digital_dcc_controller_pre_owned_also_includes_controller_/stockdetail.aspx?utm_source=preowned&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=524-042

27 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

This is electronic equipment.

See the adverts' caveat - 'Sold as seen, untested'.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

2 hours ago, pauliebanger said:

This is electronic equipment.

See the adverts' caveat - 'Sold as seen, untested'.

I believe 'sold as seen' counts as an unfair contract term when used in distance selling situations. All Hattons are saying in my view is that they haven't tested the item - just like everything else they sell used.

Anyhow - it was just a heads up for a potentially interested party.

Edited by stovepipe

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, stovepipe said:

Now sold.

However I did notice Hattons are expecting additional stock of new items this month for £160.