Hornby Railroad / Decalfix / Railtec

Good evening all,

I’ve recently purchased the Railtec transfer set for 97302 in current (named) guise and would appreciate a few pieces of advice before I take the plunge..!

These will be going onto the Hornby Railroad / TTS sound 97301 (because I can’t get past how far from ‘301 the loco in question is!)

1) Removing the old numbers (cabside and nose) - T cut and cotton bud or cocktail stick? Cabside will be replaced, nose will not (97302 doesn’t have numbers on the nose in photos post-naming). 

2) Attaching and sealing the decals - has anybody any experience with humbrol decalfix in this situation, or is there a strong recommendation on an alternative? Most (all except the cabside number) will be attached where there has been no previous marking 

Any help greatly appreciated. First time renumbering so very nervous! 

• RMweb Premium

2/

You should be ok without using a decal fix or softener, particularly if fixing to a gloss surface. If you use any Humbrol decal fix use tiny amounts and very sparingly,  do not use the microscale decal fix or softener as they are incompatible with the Railtec transfers.
Once the decals are on there shouldn’t be any issue with any overspray of acrylic or enamel varnishes to seal them.

• Informative/Useful 1