Scalescenes wishlist

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see backs of Victorian-era  terrace housing  and their garden walls, - so common on the linesides approaching big towns and cities. 

Also, the backs of Georgian terrace houses - they make great  view blockers. being several stories high.  They backs often varied when the fronts didn't and that would make them interesting  to look at.   

• Like 2

I would like each page of the kit to be numbered and location of each part, when introduced, to be noted in the build instructions.

Sort of like:

"Glue the Buttress capping base layer (3, MR) squarely into
the centre of the back of the cover layer."

This would be page 3, middle right.  Would save me a great deal of searching for the right bit of the kit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 06:13, DanielB said:

Another one to go along with his lineside clutter series - how about a sheet for industrial machinery and control consoles - something to populate the interior of the Boxfile kit, perhaps?

Hi Daniel

I realise you posted this back in January, and this isn't Scalescenes connected, but have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. The may not be as crisp as those from Preiser, but at least they are chunky enough for 4mm/foot and I don't think anywhere near as expensive.

No connection - just a happy customer.

STAY HOME - STAY SAFE - KEEP MODELLING 

41 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

. . . . have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. 

And also check out 3D printed ones from Shapeways.

On 02/04/2020 at 18:05, SteveyDee68 said:

Hi Daniel

I realise you posted this back in January, and this isn't Scalescenes connected, but have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. The may not be as crisp as those from Preiser, but at least they are chunky enough for 4mm/foot and I don't think anywhere near as expensive.

No connection - just a happy customer.

STAY HOME - STAY SAFE - KEEP MODELLING 

I have indeed. I am in fact using some of their wargaming scale casting for O scale. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, toolongtoremember said:

A modern station footbridge please, like modern enough to comply with DDA and have a lift and all. 

Funnily enough I was thinking the same, having ordered and downloaded the small modern station I was wondering how to get the passengers from the roadway down to the platforms!

Edited by big jim
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the railway buildings recently I notied that not all of the kits are available in all the brickwork colour options. It would be nice to see these offered so that people building a station area or similar can get everything in matching brickwork.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Binky said:

Looking at the railway buildings recently I notied that not all of the kits are available in all the brickwork colour options. It would be nice to see these offered so that people building a station area or similar can get everything in matching brickwork.

John is very good with this, buy the kit in any of the available options, email John and he should send you the kit in the texture you require :) 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Putting in a first "wish" for 2021...

Having created ships, docksides and buildings suitable for a quayside, I wonder if John could turn his hand to creating a typical Stoller & Pitt level luffing crane? He has already done a container crane, but this is one item that nobody does - and I have looked!

There are many different looking examples, but a generic older style (rather than the newer, tubular constructed versions) would, I am certain, sell well to everyone with a quayside! The old Airfix/Dapol dockyard crane stands out, and perhaps John is the person to finally make it easier to model the more common type of crane found in the UK before containerisation?

Just a thought...

Steve S

I'd like to see Georgian terrace backs.    Bilteezi sold one and Scalescenes could do a more 3-D model.  So useful for modelling approaches to town and city stations and tall enough to be an excellent backdrop.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 4901 said:

I'd like to see Georgian terrace backs.    Bilteezi sold one and Scalescenes could do a more 3-D model.  So useful for modelling approaches to town and city stations and tall enough to be an excellent backdrop.

I think that is a hole in range at the moment. I am looking for something tall, older and with not much clutter behind so it can come almost up to the railway fence. the high street backs are quite nice, but are much deeper than I would want.

Another wish would be for the other half of the multi-story car park . To my mind most model railway would have the road to the car park off-scene, so just a low-relief multi-story car park would be ideal.

Roy

7 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Putting in a first "wish" for 2021...

Having created ships, docksides and buildings suitable for a quayside, I wonder if John could turn his hand to creating a typical Stoller & Pitt level luffing crane? He has already done a container crane, but this is one item that nobody does - and I have looked

I wonder if a crane jib, particularly a lattice type one, would be suitable for constructing from cardboard wrapped in printed paper? Personally that's the type of item I'd look to scratch build from styrene strip or etched metal and paint the finish.

John's own "wishlist" is here:

https://scalescenes.com/upcoming-kits/

Upcoming Scalescenes releases

Early 2021

Row of Shops (on a slope)
Railway works
Lifeboat and Lifeboat Station

Coming soon...

009 Structure Set
Non-conformist Chapel
Small Row of Shops (three storey)
Privatisation Era Sign and Posterboard Packs
Small Police Station
Parcels/Mail Depot
Large Signalbox
Row of Traditional Cottages
Low Relief Cinema/Theatre/Department Store Backs
Low Relief Hotel Backs/Rooftop
1950’s Council Houses
Large Contemporary Station
Humped bridge

+1 for the Parcels/Mail Depot and Humped bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grahame said:

I wonder if a crane jib, particularly a lattice type one, would be suitable for constructing from cardboard wrapped in printed paper? Personally that's the type of item I'd look to scratch build from styrene strip or etched metal and paint the finish.

I totally understand what you are saying, but if anyone could solve the 'engineering' of creating suchlike in card, it would be John!

I have suggested to another, laser-cutting supplier that this is something suitable for cutting from laserboard, but this seems to be a gap in the market that nobody wants to fill!

Steve S

57 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

John's own "wishlist" is here:

https://scalescenes.com/upcoming-kits/

+1 for the Parcels/Mail Depot and Humped bridge.

Yes, I am looking forward to the Railway Works (which I guess will be based on the model John designed for Hornby Magazine) and the Lifeboat and Lifeboat Station. The Parcels Depot is a little lower down the list, as are the Traditional Cottages, both of which are also of interest to me.

Having purchased the entire scratchbuilder's yard, however, I really shouldn't have any excuse to simply scratch build any building I want! :D

Steve S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I have suggested to another, laser-cutting supplier that this is something suitable for cutting from laserboard, but this seems to be a gap in the market that nobody wants to fill!

Sounds like something you could design and arrange the laser cutting of. York will laser cut designs out of rowmark. Osborns laser cut board and do offer a laser cut crane jib kit. Here's one of the kits made up and finished as a load on a BBA:

DSC_1068red.jpg.a9f9143efff9f5a87fa4de3de8338a74.jpg

DSC_1070red.jpg.1fa8c0ee6d7a05a06b13e1b2bcc65055.jpg

Edited by grahame
Speeling
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate a model of the reconstructed Broadway station on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway.

Rebuilt from scratch, it is an excellent representation of what has been achieved on preserved railways, while also reflecting the GWR in the Edwardian period. From the GWSR Broadway Maintenance blog:

IMG_0454.JPG

What I like about this station is that it is relatively narrow (1 room deep) but extends a long way along the platform.

Yours,  Mike.

• Agree 1