Scalescenes wishlist

Hi Talisman

You mean something like this?

attachicon.gifStation building progress.jpg

The building is based on the last remaining part of the old Hamilton Central Caledonian Railway station. Stairway is from Skytrex. Scale is 7mm.

The minimum clearance above rail top is 15 feet - but if you are doing a stairway on to a platform you will need to take the height of the platform into account. The maximum platform height above rail top is 3 feet - dimensions from Gauge O Guild manual.

Regards.

That's it, with a few detail differences (such as: I'm working in 'N'). What I'm after is the depth of the large girders that would be supporting the station building, forecourt, road and buildings on the opposite side of the road. The whole shebang on my layout would be covering the entrance to one of the fiddleyards. There's no similar sitation in my locality which would lend itself to a site visit and photography session... unless anyone knows otherwise. :dontknow:

Nice model, BTW - will look forward to any futher pictures showing progress...

Edited by talisman56

Very nice work Bill.

Have you got any pics on your build in the layout section if so what's it called so I can view and enjoy.

Regards

Hi Barnaby

I suppose I should start something - so watch out for Mordaunt Street.

The layout will be making its first exhibition appearance as a work in progress at the Pollokshaws O Gauge exhibition in Glasgow on 8 and 9 June 2013. Brief details about the show on the Gauge O Guild website.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like these offered as downloads formatted to US 8 1/2 X 11 paper I have downloaded many images from over seas and if shrink to fit is used it distorts the image and the parts dont line up properly otherwise parts are cropped of the lower edge of the page  Thank you for listening Paul

Sadly, it seems i won't be purchasing the textures i was hoping for to do a little scratchbuilding......it seems recent changes have meant that i now have no option but to sign up for paypal when buying from scalescenes. There used to be an option to pay by credit/debit card, but now no longer. If i try to pay, it automatically signs me up for a paypal account, which is something i am unwilling to do. :(

The preceding page has this link Pay with a credit or debit card(Optional) Sign up to PayPal to make your next checkout faster

But on clicking that link, it goes to  Create a PayPal account

And pay with your debit or credit card

There is no longer an option to not join paypal in order to pay.

Edited by nev777

I very reluctantly signed up for paypal a few years ago because of all the horror stories I'd heard.

I set up another bank account specifically to use with paypal and most other online purchases,doing my banking online makes it easy to transfer funds into that account to cover a new purchase.

Paypal is used by a lot of places now and it's easier than keep filling all the visa details out each time.

Allan

Sadly, it seems i won't be purchasing the textures i was hoping for to do a little scratchbuilding......it seems recent changes have meant that i now have no option but to sign up for paypal when buying from scalescenes. There used to be an option to pay by credit/debit card, but now no longer. If i try to pay, it automatically signs me up for a paypal account, which is something i am unwilling to do. :(

The preceding page has this link Pay with a credit or debit card(Optional) Sign up to PayPal to make your next checkout faster

But on clicking that link, it goes to  Create a PayPal account

And pay with your debit or credit card

There is no longer an option to not join paypal in order to pay.

Hi Nev

I think you have inadvertantly clicked on the link to pay by PayPal. After the normal card payment is completed there is a "Continue" button which does lead to creating a Paypal account but there is also a "No thanks" button if you do not wish to do so.

I have made purchases very recently using card payment with no problems and no PayPal account.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP...........  Anyone from Scalescenes or with knowledge care to comment.

Barnaby, on 03 Jan 2013 - 19:20, said:snapback.png

I wish I wish.....................Cement worksSmall workshops/factories mid 60's era.I model in 0 gauge and many of your kits are not pre-set scaled for this because they wont page match on A4 paper.
You do make some pre-set for 0 gauge but would it not be possible to make all your kits available in 0 gauge on the understanding that they need to be A3 printed of as I do now select an area and enlarge to suit.

This would remove some of the fiddling I have to do for scaling and just leave me to select the page area on A4 or A3 as it suits me. It may mean I have a join where I don't want one but I'm sure I can over come that by various repositioning of down-spouts, creeping ivy etc.
What do you think John?
Best regards.

Brush Type 4 post  #277 above

Quote Seconded, I'm sure that you used to do just as Barnaby has suggested? Why the change of heart?          

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

First of all, some nice little diorama sort of things- they could be really simple things, quickish to design

• Street scenes, such as bus stops old and new, post boxes, editable street names
  • Market scene- market stalls mostly, but a fountain or cross would be nice too to put in the centre
  • Oil depot- smaller horizontal tanks and a loading point
  • Coal yard
  • Detritus, such as pw huts, grounded vans, cable drums, crates

It would also be nice to have some station TV screens and display boards with editable destinations to be added to the R001b station structures

Some bigger things that it'd be nice to have

• Station hotel
  • Quarry buildings
  • Factory Complex
  • Modern School
  • Modern station, with modular sections so that it can be added to easily
  • Coaling stage
  • Coal drops
  • Train wash
  • Timber bridge

I think that might be enough!

• Like 1

A separate pack of the newspapers from the station structures kit.  I hesitate to buy the whole kit just to get the newspapers as I don't need or want the rest of it currently, but need to dress up the news stands I do have.

I could always copy over & over again the papers in the furniture & lineside junk set, but that also seems a horrible waste...

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance if John of Scalescenes could tick a read up to here just so we know the WISHLIST is being reviewed and actioned for say BIN - THINK ABOUT - MUST DO or something like.

I have seen some comments by John but that was some time ago so some feed back would be good.

Thanks & regards

Edited by Barnaby

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been covered, but how about a railway hotel to complement the large station?

something like this:

post-10525-0-52791700-1375297545_thumb.jpg

I'm planning on using it as a station hotel on my long term layout (need to build the room it's going in first)

If John makes it as a it first I'll use it!

It's only round the corner from work if photos are wanted :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK just because I am greedy, terrible at scratchbuilding and am planning to make an entire layout out of your kits, I would like to suggest the following (some may have been suggested already);

• Bus shelters & modern platform shelters - the cast version off of Hornby is too expensive for what it it!
  • Sewage/water treatment works
  • Cement Works - full set of buildings to rival Bachmanns' cast effort.
  • Industrial Estate buildings - full and half relief
  • Platform Furniture Pack - Ticket machines, CIS screens, CCTV cameras, benches, grit bins, cycle lockers.
  • Modern platform surfaces and different platform constructions from brick, concrete & metal.
  • Different Houses, lots of different styles and brickwork.

I'm sure I have loads of other ideas, but they are swimming around in my brain and haven't come up for air yet!

There is already a modern industrial building that can be built, flat, low relief or full, you could vary the colour of the panels by using water colours after you have built it, but also remember that a lot of modern industrial estates have lines of identical buildings.

http://scalescenes.com/products/T009-Modern-Industrial-Building

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for all the great suggestions, it's an overwhelming response.  I am endeavouring to collate all the suggestions in the thread to date and will post a list of the most popular kits in the next week or so. Hopefully this should summarise the suggestions and tidy up the thread a bit. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 3

Many thanks for all the great suggestions, it's an overwhelming response.  I am endeavouring to collate all the suggestions in the thread to date and will post a list of the most popular kits in the next week or so. Hopefully this should summarise the suggestions and tidy up the thread a bit. Thanks for your patience.

Just give me a shout if you want pics of that hotel I posted :P

Saves me working out how to build it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been covered, but how about a railway hotel to complement the large station?

something like this:

attachicon.gifTrafford Arms.jpg

I'm planning on using it as a station hotel on my long term layout (need to build the room it's going in first)

If John makes it as a it first I'll use it!

It's only round the corner from work if photos are wanted :P

Hi All

I would definately second the requirement for something like this railway hotel, i want to build a model of the palace hotel in manchester which is similar to this albeit alot larger.

Please Mr Wiffen!

mike