Scalescenes wishlist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:07 

Many thanks for all the great suggestions, it's an overwhelming response.  I am endeavouring to collate all the suggestions in the thread to date and will post a list of the most popular kits in the next week or so. Hopefully this should summarise the suggestions and tidy up the thread a bit. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks x 8

Like x 2

List

John Wiffen

Graphic Designer

Scalescenes.com

Did this happen John if so where did it get listed.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

How about Art Deco

1/ Station Building like Rayner's Lane, or similar to Scenecraft's version of Sudbury and Harrow On The hill centre platform

2/ Parade of shops with flats above.

Love the design of Art Deco with the familiar curved windows

and

3/ As suggested by so many A station Hotel

regards

A few 7mm scale items would be nice. Stuff that fits onto A4 paper and doesn't need re-sizing from 4mm scale! Small elements that can be downloaded to make bigger bits of factory/ house front/ retaining wall and better still, the sectional elements of both LNWR and L&YR wooden platform buildings. I scratchbuilt these LYR style ones for our layout but the real things were made from standard parts to suit the location.

JF

Edited by Jon Fitness

• 1 month later...

You could try rubbing it over with dark weathering powders when built, or ground down artists pastel chalks, I have also had success in using a dark watercolour wash, but that would depend on if your printer inks are waterproof.

• 4 months later...

If not too late and not already mentioned?  Sorry if it has.

Island and/or main line platform canopy with waiting room buildings etc underneath.  

I know Superquick and Metcalfe do one, but Im sure John could do far better!

Edit to add Metcalfe

Edited by Brian

How about some canopies without station buildings underneath? (e.g. like GWR umbrella canopies). Currently the only available kits are Ratio and Dapol and they both get pretty expensive if you want more than about 6"....

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm looking for an Engine shed that might be seen on a small branch or light railway - yet everything seems to be brick built, which to my mind seems too "solid" a structure for something like that.

Would it possible to alter the existing small engine shed kit to have clapboard or corrugated construction, both of which textures are already available in the scalescenes range?

Gas Works - Good old steam age small town gas works a la Fakenham or the various Peter Denny schemes.  The Aged Brown and Aged Red Brick textures would be perfect.

Maltings - Snape, Dereham, Ely and a 100 more

Small town brewery a la Southwold, Stamford, Wisbech etc etc 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I am another for some island buildings.

And how about some wooden railway structures? Engine shed, goods shed station buildings. They can use the same pattern but just do it in wood. You may need to offer different colours for railway company and period.

• Like 1