Scalescenes wishlist

Taking inspiration from Doug's Harbour Office my thoughts turned to columns and the material they're made from. Many columns were rendered - so the Stucco sheet would do, but many were turned either from granite or sandstone. The turned height of the column block rarely exceeds 6ft and the diameter 2ft 6in, so something in 'stone without joints' to cope? That would wrap round a cylinder well.

And while typing this, granite slabs. In St Just there's doorsteps in a single block of granite 5ft x 3ft, so the same sheet would so, as it would for granite lintels. These are not confined to the West, as in the City of London the old Martins Bank building (now Barclays) is built using in large lumps of Cornish granite. And of course many cottages and miners houses had granite lintels that are still visible.

Here's a couple of quickies to expand the range, John. (You may remember)

On TO21 Corner Shops.

Using the doorway 'on the angle' change this to an entrance to a hallway and make the upper floors a series of flats. Leaving the shops a lockups.

On TO20 Terraced Houses.

Supply windows on the front elevation behind the bay windows so you have a choice of bay or no-bay windows.

Use R006 'platform subway' for a London street 'Tube station entrance'.

A classic LT Tube/BR station entrance. For the High Street scene or to fit the viaduct arches.

A bus Garage and / or Bus station

Dave Smith

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What I most of all would like to se is a modular roundhouse. Preferably with choice of brick or stone and with the possibility to make some modules with extra room for the larger engines. It would also be nice with all the extras, like chimneys, shops and offices...

A brewery or destillery also sounds like a great idea. There are some really beautiful and interresting exampels.

Thanks everyone for the latest suggestions. After the epic design-a-thons of the High Street Shops and the Church this year, I plan to review all the kits I had planned for 2011. Slightly smaller individual buildings are going to get priority, which is good news for most of the great suggestions above. Unfortunately, in the current economic climate where sales can be a bit sluggish spending the best part of 3 months on one kit is not a very sensible strategy. My plan for the next couple of years is to aim for a new release every month! Once I get Warley out of the way, I'll plan out the releases for next year in more detail... keep the great suggestions coming! Many thanks

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the latest suggestions. After the epic design-a-thons of the High Street Shops and the Church this year, I plan to review all the kits I had planned for 2011. Slightly smaller individual buildings are going to get priority, which is good news for most of the great suggestions above. Unfortunately, in the current economic climate where sales can be a bit sluggish spending the best part of 3 months on one kit is not a very sensible strategy. My plan for the next couple of years is to aim for a new release every month! Once I get Warley out of the way, I'll plan out the releases for next year in more detail... keep the great suggestions coming! Many thanks

Sensible strategy John. I am sure we all appreciate how much effort you put into detailing your kits, but appreciation doesn't pay the bills does it! lol

I am hoping that your strategy rethink means the Modern Low Relief Warehouse will come back up the list, or maybe even just a scratchbuilding sheet for the modern corrugated panels so I can have a bash.

Keep up the good work John.

Dave

John as a happy customer and with regards to you quick single ideas . how about some line side boxes and the old fave the ww2 pill box

maybe a small byre / shed they should go on one sheet

could i suggest an Island platform building also , i down loaded the large station to get the one of there ........... now find myself looking at the main building tooo lol.

• RMweb Gold

John,

As I'm more of a scratch builder than a kit builder, I'd like some more wall coverings, such as granite-coloured stones, both regular and random, and some brieze-blocks, both new and old.

And some more colour varieties of the sheets you've already produced.

Cheers

Stu

@ the warley show will you be selling cd/dvd with designs?

thanks

Alex

Perhaps a model of the post war stations built by the SR on the Chessington spur. I think they were the last stations built for a new line and are in the ubiquitous SR concrete.

There is a dearth of this SR concrete and I model the SR. One could put up yards of that concrete fence panelling on any SR layout. Then there was the platelayers hut. The Wills kit is quite dear, too smooth and the wrong colour.

I would compromise on decent cast concrete sheets

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What would be nice (and very useful) would be carriage window labels for pre-BR coaching stock. The artwork could be either individual windows of different types or as strips (perhaps the former would be best?). print the windows out on Overhead Transparency Acetate, cut out and attach to the coach sides.

Interior furniture... tables, chairs, filing cabinets, beds, desks, couches, sinks, fridges, etc etc and railside poster boards and posters :) in N gauge as well please :))

regards

Graham

Sorry to drag this up from the bottom of page 1 in the thread, but............ look at http://teamtrack.xoo...tation-en-O.htm pages 1 and 2 , for Office furniture and equipment (In French but Google will translate). Granted this is O gauge but there are some prints of cupboards, etc, that could be saved and rescaled - some incredible model making, and no commments about "eyeCandy please!

• 1 month later...

I would like to have a large hotel building, something like this one which is part of one of the Townscene Backgrounds. I was planning to use this as the basis for a scratch-build by layering and spacing the various layers out to form a low relief structure.

Edited by Andy Y
Copyright - image removed