Bachmann BR Pullman Blue and Grey MK1 Coaches

Chrisjh

I have just bought a rake of BR Blue and Grey 1st Class Pullman MK 1 Coaches, which are very good. However I have noted that the lights in the coaches are not as bright as my other Pullman Coaches. Also on the BR Pullman coaches the lights are very intermittment, they come on they go off. I don't have this problem with any other coach with lights in them when they run over the same track. As this is the same for all 7 coaches just wondering if there is a fix?

Also, as I have purchased the BR Blue and Grey Pullman coaches and the Night cap Bar, just wondering if Bachmann produced any other coaches in this range I could add to the rake?

Many thanks,

Best,

Chris 

Edited by Chrisjh
I missed the Tags

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chrisjh said:

I have just bought a rake of BR Blue and Grey 1st Class Pullman MK 1 Coaches, which are very good. However I have noted that the lights in the coaches are not as bright as my other Pullman Coaches. Also on the BR Pullman coaches the lights are very intermittment, they come on they go off. I don't have this problem with any other coach with lights in them when they run over the same track. As this is the same for all 7 coaches just wondering if there is a fix?

Also, as I have purchased the BR Blue and Grey Pullman coaches and the Night cap Bar, just wondering if Bachmann produced any other coaches in this range I could add to the rake?

Many thanks,

Best,

Chris 

Are the wheels clean ?

Are the pickups to the wheels clean ?

do the lights flicker, if you connected then to wires straight from controller to the wheels (ie turn the coach upside down and put the wires to the wheels).

pity the sleepers dont have some lighting (toilets, pantries, vestibules and corridors at least as they arent open coaches likely to be very easy to fit your own lighting cheaply).  be good to see dcc versions of them.  the older pullmans and nightcap bar dont have a particularly good lighting set up just with a few table lamps.  the mk1 range should be considered for dcc on board but many with current Mk1s that would like full lighting might baulk at the cost.  The Mk2f with dcc now retails at nearly £85 a pop so its not cheap to build a rake.

Edited by ThaneofFife