A little levity - Express Armoured train to replace wildly inaccurate current offerings :)

ColHut

https://www.bradford.com.au/wwii-armoured-express-train-collection.html?tid=114454&utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=ID14-01645AUM25-65ModelTrainsMC114454

Got everything, muzzle loading screw jack cannons, amazing details, actual underframe, rivet lines.

How WWII was really won!

BTW There is part of a real one at the Pansari Museo in Finland, I have a few books and models of the some of the real things.  But this is much more exciting.

regards

• Funny 6

I’ve just been looking at pictures of the real, British, ‘home defence trains’ cobbled together during WW2, and TBH they don’t look much more plausible than this.

(you’re right about the clock, though. It’s nothing without a clock)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

I’ve just been looking at pictures of the real, British, ‘home defence trains’ cobbled together during WW2, and TBH they don’t look much more plausible than this.

(you’re right about the clock, though. It’s nothing without a clock)

I look at a lot of the stuff created in Britain c1940 and, whilst a lot of it seems to be a plausible attempt with the resources available, a fair bit makes me think "Nah, this was just to keep people busy and not thinking too hard about the reality of the forthcoming invasion".

• Agree 2

• 4 months later...
On 30/08/2020 at 04:25, PatB said:

I look at a lot of the stuff created in Britain c1940 and, whilst a lot of it seems to be a plausible attempt with the resources available, a fair bit makes me think "Nah, this was just to keep people busy and not thinking too hard about the reality of the forthcoming invasion".

Agreed.  The railings that were cut down from parks and gardens to make Spitfires.  Complete propaganda. Some of it was used as scrap ballast in ships goin back to US and elsewhere. There was still piles of it alongside the railway in a scrapyard near Preston in the 1970's.  But it made people think they were doing something useful.

• Like 1

Wow, only $149.98 per issue so $599.92 for the set depicted but don’t fret, the track & controller come free with issue 2

Issue One - Steam Locomotive," will be followed by "Issue Two - Tender with FREE track set, power pack and speed controller," "Issue Three - Artillery Car," "Issue Four - Antiaircraft Car" and additional collectable WWII armoured train cars as they become available

• Funny 1

It lights up! The locomotive's headlamp is ready to shine its beacon of freedom through any obstacle it may cross

Is this some kind of laser that burns a hole through anything in the way?  

If not, then doesn't a whopping great light on the front defeat the point of camouflaging it?