Block signalling rev2 Reverse module

lankyandy

• RMweb Premium

Good morning. 
simple question really has anyone used one and is it reliable. I’m planning on using2 for a return loops on each end of a OO9 gauge layout. To effectively create a round and round layout without me having to input. 
does it switch the return loop polarity as well. I have got a bit confused with the wiring diagram on there layout. 
thanks in advance 

I have not used this device (nor seen it before) but I read the website as follows: as the train passes sensor 1 (in the left hand loop in their double loop diagram) it ensures that the points are correct for the train to go along main line and into the right hand loop.  The diagram shows the connection of power feeds that ensure there is no short as the train passes each point.  Then, as the train passes sensor 2 in the right hand diagram (which is just before the exit of the loop) the points change and the polarity of the power in the rest of the track is changed.  The train the progresses to the left hand loop an takes the anti-clockwise direction to sensor 2which then makes the points change again and puts the polarity back to where it was in the rest of the track.  Note, if you want the train to travel clockwise round either loop, it is done by swapping the appropriate feeds from the module.  Looks like a useful piece of kit.  I must stress however, that I have not use it and my comments are based only on studying the information on the website.  Someone else may be along to challenge what I have said

A word of caution - you will need to wnsure that, when each sensor is triggered, the train is entirely contained with in the loop (especially if there are pickups on the carriages/wagons) as a short will occur otherwise - and I think you would have trouble if you ran more than one train at once.,

Harold.