Hello to everyone on this last Bank Holiday before Christmas...food for thought!

My name is Matt, I am based down in the South West (Chard) near the Jurassic Coast (God's Country), I am 42 years old and I am back into railway modelling for the first time since 1994...hmmmmm so much has changed...being the understatement of the year!!

I have recently purchased an existing layout for an amazing chap in Cheshire who is also a 47 driver, it is already DCC wired and this will be my first foray into the modern world of fly by wire...what could possibly go wrong?!

My aim over the next few years, is to transform this already lovely layout, into a small and compact Traction Maintenance Depot and fuelling point, based to the West of Edinburgh at the very much real location of Tynecasyle but as a fictional depot. Hopefully will be on the model show circuit, before we take on a slightly larger project...

I will be doing a weekly blog which will include photos and videos, no doubt will be picking a lot of brains as I modernise the electronics, lighting, general layout and buildings.

I can't wait to start chatting with some of you, hoping I can gain lots of information, help others and become a welcome member of this community.

Thank you all

Matt

P.S please excuse my messy man cave (conservatory), being sorted this week!

P.P.S that 46 on the table is not mine, I am purely BR Blue all the way...

20200831_110720.jpg

20200831_110817.jpg

20200831_110806.jpg

Edited by Tynecastle TMD
Spelling
  • Like 10

Evening All,

Thank you all for your kind comments and I will of course be changing that background on the layout, adding end sections and completely revamping everything, the only thing that will be staying will be the track thats there in place, although a few small extensions are being planned!

Matt

• Like 1

I should also like to take this opportunity to show you the first allocation to Pitlochry (PY), just transferred in from ED via IS.

The rather magnificent 37417, complete with ESU V.4.0 DCC Sound (Legomanbiffo), Zimo double dumbo bass speaker fitted in tanks and Stay alive capacitor fitted...Will post video later on

20200902_145141-02.jpeg

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Pitlochry TMD said:

I should also like to take this opportunity to show you the first allocation to Pitlochry (PY), just transferred in from ED via IS.

The rather magnificent 37417, complete with ESU V.4.0 DCC Sound (Legomanbiffo), Zimo double dumbo bass speaker fitted in tanks and Stay alive capacitor fitted...Will post video later on

20200902_145141-02.jpeg

Liking that a lot

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Pitlochry TMD said:

Anyone know how I upload a video of her...??

it used to be the case, and I think it still is, that you have to host the video somewhere else, YouTube for example, and then link to it from here.