The Pevensey Light Railway

Hi everyone,

With all the lovely weather we’ve had lately my 00 gauge shunting layout hasn’t had much attention over the Summer. Instead I’ve been out in the sunshine working on my G Scale garden railway instead!

The railway is not new by any means, the first permanent tracks were laid just under 10 years ago but it has gradually expanded and grown into it’s surroundings over time. Unfortunately with my work often taking me away from home for long periods of time, it hasn’t been the easiest to maintain and running sessions are somewhat sparse… at least until lockdown hit. With the combination of nice weather and being at home more, it was the perfect opportunity to finally get things running again.

I call it The Pevensey Light Railway and imagine it to be a fictional narrow gauge line that previously ran between Pevensey Bay and Eastbourne Harbour. Nowadays the line is run as a preserved heritage railway on a somewhat shorter route between Pevensey Bay and Castle Halt… although there is scope for an extension should permission be granted in the future by the landowners! ;)

Here’s a little video I put together of my latest running session, I hope it’s of interest to someone:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Have just posted another video this morning of a Driver's Eye View of the layout - so now you can see how small it actually is in reality! :lol:

The railway is looking a bit shabby and run down at the moment as it's seen lots more operation this Summer than it usually does. That said, I'm hoping to do a bit of tidying up and some modelling over the Winter in preparation for next year.

For now though, feel free to sit back and enjoy the ride...

• Like 1