IPA and glazing ?

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That will very much depend on the model. I have never had a problem with glazing on Hornby, Bachmann, Heljan, Oxford Diecast or Dapol, but I did have a disaster on another modeller's diecast bus.

Don't work on any buses, mainly Bachmann/Hornby and Heljan models, so should be OK then. Some of the newer Bachmann models appear to have their glazing "welded in"....lol ....even when left overnight in the freezer,they still tend to break rather than come out cleanly.

Edited by tractor_37260

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/08/2020 at 23:30, tractor_37260 said:

Don't work on any buses, mainly Bachmann/Hornby and Heljan models, so should be OK then. Some of the newer Bachmann models appear to have their glazing "welded in"....lol ....even when left overnight in the freezer,they still tend to break rather than come out cleanly.

Strange that you are having this problem with newer Bachmann models as I have found exactly the same problem with the newer Hornby Class 60 locos. Like you, put body in freezer and still broke glazing and an upright in side windows! Luckily had spare windows after fitting lazerglaze to a previous respray.

John