2020 RHTT Season

56 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

Oakenshaw Jnc

At Oakenshaw Jn, they show up with operator ZZ, TSC (service code) 95998602 in the detailed view, and with unusual start/end points such as Wrenthorpe Recep/Grimsby Town, Grimsby Town/Bridlington, Woodburn Jn/Hull and Sheffield/Sheffield, depending on the day of the week.

Different circuits operate MWF, TuTh and Sats.

Looks like a no-show today:

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H36385/2020-11-13/detailed

And they've been disrupted by the Sheffield cement derailment too, turning at Brightside instead of Sheffield at least once.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Busmansholiday said:

37 402 & 419 on the circuit today. Interestingly, RTT only showed it running when I put Barnsley in the location, others such as Elsecar didn't show any times.

It’s not the first time that’s happened !

When we get weekend engineering diversions through Barnsley, when XC & EMT uses the route instead of the usual route via Swinton, if you enter “Barnsley” in the detailed view on RTT, all of the services are shown, but if you enter “Elsecar”, quite often some of the services are missing !
But if you view the individual service details for one of the ‘missing’’ trains, it’ll show the time it is due through Elsecar :scratchhead:

No idea if this a unique issue or a common thing on RTT, this is the only route I’ve ever noticed it on, but then it’s the only route where I’ve ever looked for it !!:lol:

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

Great shots in here of ‘419 looking filthy. Keep ‘em coming! 

I’ve just grabbed a Lima ‘430 body shell to renumber / name, and as warned with the Lima paint shifting the numbers hasn’t been a neat process (glad I didn’t go straight for the DRS ‘611 -> ‘422 job!)

Plan is to touch up the exec grey before renumbering, but since I’m sure it’d still be visible it seems a good excuse to give it a real blast with the muck! 

1 hour ago, Phil Mc said:

It’s not the first time that’s happened !

When we get weekend engineering diversions through Barnsley, when XC & EMT uses the route instead of the usual route via Swinton, if you enter “Barnsley” in the detailed view on RTT, all of the services are shown, but if you enter “Elsecar”, quite often some of the services are missing !
But if you view the individual service details for one of the ‘missing’’ trains, it’ll show the time it is due through Elsecar :scratchhead:

No idea if this a unique issue or a common thing on RTT, this is the only route I’ve ever noticed it on, but then it’s the only route where I’ve ever looked for it !!:lol:

cheers,

Phil.

I've seen similar gaps - I think RTT interpolates timings for every station, but only receives booked and actual times from timing points (or whatever they're called) - station stops, junctions etc. So unusual sets of timings, like those diversions, wouldn't have searchable times for Elsecar. Something like that anyway.

Edit - there's a small bit on the limitations of the system on RTT's page here:

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/about/limitations/

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/11/2020 at 18:02, russ p said:

I'll tell my mate , he did it ! Anyone noticed the cockney sparrow? 

Just about visible here :

Great Moulton
11/11/2020 (Wednesday)
37422 and 37425, Sir Robert McAlpine/Concrete Bob, on 3S01, 09:22, Stowmarket D.G.L. - Stowmarket D.G.L. (17:41) - RHTT

DAS871982.jpg.73c6dd9916a0996759b66f1ff87a362d.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

I've seen similar gaps - I think RTT interpolates timings for every station, but only receives booked and actual times from timing points (or whatever they're called) - station stops, junctions etc. So unusual sets of timings, like those diversions, wouldn't have searchable times for Elsecar. Something like that anyway.

Edit - there's a small bit on the limitations of the system on RTT's page here:

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/about/limitations/

I usually use Huddersfield and Hebden Bridge as they're both 'timing points' in the railway schedules that should show all workings along both of my local lines.  In my experience, in this part of West Yorkshire and I imagine it's the same elsewhere, RTT tends sometimes to be a bit 'hit and miss' with the reporting of VSTP additions to the schedule.  

All said and done though, it's still a great (free) resource that's been improved over the years that I wouldn't be without, although alternatives are available.  

Edited by 4630
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

73109 and 73201 ventured down the Arun Valley this lunchtime. A bit of an odd service; an out and back from Tonbridge to Arundel (the 10:35 Tonbridge West Yard - Tonbridge West Yard), with the reversal taking place at Arundel (using the cross over to the north of the station) with a London bound passenger train held in the up platform. This strange prioritisation presumably was down to the extensive timetabling of the Arun valley line, and the fact the stoppers from Bognor are chased up the line by the fasts from Portsmouth/Southampton, which join at Horsham. You don't want an RHTT sandwiched between the two sections of a London train and I guess there is no scope for overtaking if a Dorking train is in Platform 1.

73201.jpg.74309fe9635c06c10795b03cec7312b6.jpg

73201 gallops towards Pulborough with the return leg. The RHTT set had picked up a flat somewhere out and about and hammered through the station.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Busmansholiday said:

Understand Harry Needles two orange class 20's were light engine on 0Z21 today, Worksop to York Thrail Works ready to take up the Yorkshire RHTT tomorrow.

Yep, they're on this mornings circuit !!

NB

The Departure from 'Sheffield-Sheffield via Wakefield' is a VST path on RealTime Trains, it's exactly the same route & timings as usual, except that it ends at Woodburn Jn instead of back in Sheffield (presumably due to ongoing constraints with station access), so don't look at the normal timings and think it's not running !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 25901 said:

20311 & 20314 (HNRL) back at Worksop after failing twice while trying to  get to York.

In the words from another forum "to be beaten back to life" lol

13 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

That explains why this afternoons trip was canned !

Cheers,

Phil.

For anyone interested 20118 and 20132 (HNRL) are currently working 3Z14, Worksop Up Reception to Bridlington.

Schedule for 3Z14 here.

Assuming no problems, the pair should then take up the schedule for 3S15, Bridlington to York Thrall Europa.

Schedule for 3S15 here.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 25901 said:

If they need any spares there's a spare parts donor still at York. I'll let you let to pick which one it should be lol.

Provided that the spares required aren't the wheel sets though, as I understand it.