British Diesel & Electric Locomotives Abroad.

tony6710

On the basis of recent posts, it seems as though it is perfectly legitimate and accepted practice to personally advertise books in this section of the RMWeb Forum. So here goes.....

Pen & Sword also recently published my book entitled "British Diesel and Electric Locomotives Abroad - A Second Life Overseas" (Anthony P. Sayer). This is very different from my NBL and Metrovick books, in the sense that it is largely a picture book (240 images in total). Having said that, however, it does provide in-depth locomotive details of all locomotives sent abroad (including movement details, operational areas, livery changes, re-numberings, Works visits (where known), etc (with appropriate dates)), together with chapter introductions explaining the use of locomotives whilst abroad, quite a complex subject particularly for those locomotives which visited Spain. Much previously unpublished information is included.

The book covers main-line locomotives only i.e. Classes 20, 37, 47, 56, 58, 86, 87 and 92, over the period 1998 to 2018. The countries covered are France (20/37/56/58), Spain (37/58), Italy (37), Netherlands (58), Bulgaria (86/87/92), Hungary (47/56/86), Romania (92) and Croatia (92), plus 47375 on its excursion into Austria in June 2018.

May be of interest to some? To whet the appetite, picture six Class 86s (variously in Anglia/Inter-City/Colas/ETS/Virgin liveries) being dragged together across Bulgaria by a British Class 87 and a Danish EA3000! It's all here!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have this book and it was very enjoyable read. Seeing the 37's in the South of France is what slowly started to get my interest back in the hobby. Didn't believe my eyes when I first saw one in the distance from the autoroute :good_mini:

Good luck with your new book Tony, I have both your 21/9 and 28 books could not put the 21/9 down, so much in their we had been trying to research for years, unfortunately I had hardly opened the Metrovick book when my wife took it for an Xmas present for me, any chance of any more books on Baby Deltics, Claytons ect all loco,s I sadly never got to see.   Steve ward