Is this the new norm?? Where on a layout would you put this??

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, SM42 said:

Shouldn't he be facing the other way?

Andy

It is the 1930s.

12 hours ago, 2mmMark said:

I'm half expecting to see the face of Bishop Len Brennan...

Don't call him Len.

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

"Koch?" "Not today, thankyou."

My daughter had a university friend who we thought was called von Koch, but was really von Horn. Or the other way round. I forget which.

• Funny 1

20 hours ago, HonestTom said:

I don't object to these figures per se - when it comes down to it, they're just tiny bits of plastic. And I guess Rule One doesn't just apply to the trains. If that's what you want on your layout, it's not for me to dictate otherwise. And yeah, sometimes that kind of thing is realistic in an urban environment (although I think the Internet has moved much of it behind closed doors, or the ladies are much more discreet than they used to be).

But to be honest, I find those "ha ha look, a naked woman" visual gags slightly sad. A bit too reminiscent of those awful 70s "comedies" that were just an excuse for nudity. Given the unkind perception of this hobby in some quarters, I can't help but feel that a bunch of grown men chuckling at a tiny plastic naked woman doesn't exactly send the best message. Call me a prude if you will.

Laws concerning 'soliciting' moved it off the streets in the UK at least.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 23/09/2020 at 23:23, SM42 said:

Who, or indeed how many, would need a 1/87 Angela Merkel or Pope Francis for instance?

I have a half marathon finish funnel cameo on my layout and I purchased a Preiser Angela Merkel figure as I thought it would be a useful addition to have a celebrity to greet the runners, and my wife is German.   

However the HO figure looks rather tiny beside the Subbuteo figures already used in the cameo and has yet to be found a suitable location on the layout.

12 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

I have a half marathon finish funnel cameo on my layout and I purchased a Preiser Angela Merkel figure as I thought it would be a useful addition to have a celebrity to greet the runners, and my wife is German.   

However the HO figure looks rather tiny beside the Subbuteo figures already used in the cameo and has yet to be found a suitable location on the layout.

As she is smaller, as a winger she would have to be out wide, left or right I am not certain, as I don't follow German politics,

cheers 

• Funny 1

On 24/09/2020 at 15:45, Joseph_Pestell said:

In the context of realism, I recall travelling into Liverpool St a few years ago. A couple in a flat (warehouse conversion) near London Fields were perhaps not aware of quite how easily one could see into their flat from the railway viaduct.

Perhaps they were and it added to the fun?