Amanda's 7mm Stuff - A 1366T takes shape - and runs!

Guest WM183

2 hours ago, WM183 said:

PS. Anyone know the ETA on Dapol / Lionheart's 45xx?

Good to hear you're still involved Amanda.

We're all waiting for some news, hopefully this year but I for one won't be holding my breath.

33 minutes ago, WM183 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks much! I am a sucker for little prairies, so I will save my pennies and wait. 

Now all we need is an Ivatt 2mt mogul for little GWR branches... eeeee

We are very much at the mercy of the manufacturers for locos we really want.  For non GWR steam, it is looking more and more likely that Lionheart/Dapol are the only game in town.  Heljan appears to have given up on steam in favour of diesel.

IMO, if you want to have an Ivatt 2MT in a reasonable time, you may have to build a kit.

John

I saw an advert that Lionheart were doing the BR Standard 3MT after the 45XX - However I reckon that will still be several years away and the price quoted even then was expensive. Dapol may of course bring that down.

I may have built my kit before then!

Paul R

9 minutes ago, pwr said:

I saw an advert that Lionheart were doing the BR Standard 3MT after the 45XX - However I reckon that will still be several years away and the price quoted even then was expensive. Dapol may of course bring that down.

I may have built my kit before then!

Paul R

Yes Paul, that is my understanding as well.  You get to a certain age and the gestation time for model locos gets ever more daunting.

As it is, I think I have enough locos to be going on with.  The Minerva Cl14 will be available soon so I must think on that.

John

24 minutes ago, brossard said:

Yes Paul, that is my understanding as well.  You get to a certain age and the gestation time for model locos gets ever more daunting.

As it is, I think I have enough locos to be going on with.  The Minerva Cl14 will be available soon so I must think on that.

John

Not one I went for John!

Paul

Edited by pwr
correct spelling

19 minutes ago, WM183 said:

If I can find decent plans for an Ivatt - seems to be like locating hen's teeth - I will just have a go at a scratchbuild. I have thus far been utterly unable to find an Ivatt 2mt diagram though. 

Are you talking the tank or the tender engine?

I've got a copy of Model Railways Illiustrated from way back when (if I can find it) that has the tank in it

If you are referring to the tender engine I have a college models kit which may have plans - may be able to scan them for you

Paul R

Hi Amanda, good to see you back.  I have a note that there was a drawing of the Ivatt class 2 tender version in April 1982 Railway Modeller. Unfortunately I no longer have that issue to check but I'm sure someone else on here will have one.  For some reason I only kept the one for the tank version.

Cheers,

Ray.

If you are going to scratchbuild one Laurie Griffin has a range of suitable boiler fittings including 3 different types of chimney for the class.  IIRC there was a thread on here, maybe 4 yrs ago, discussing the different types of Ivatt 2 chimneys with quite a few references.  One reference was to Model Railways for 1/73 & 3/73. MR used to have in depth photo features on particular classes.  Hope this helps.

Ray.

This is the thread:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140254-ivatt-class-2mt-darlington-chimney-drawings-dimensions/&tab=comments#comment-3394591

21 hours ago, WM183 said:

If you have plans you could scan I would be in your debt! The more images and drawings I can get the better!

Amanda

I'll dig it out Amanda although I am not sure where it is right now

Paul R