Amanda's 7mm Stuff - A 1366T takes shape - and runs!

Guest WM183

Hi Amanda, I suspect in this case, the grab rails have flat plates with rounded ends and drilled to take the screws to fasten them to the coach sides, not knobs. There is a similar suburban at Chasewater, I'll have a look next time I'm over there, probably a week Sunday, but that might be too long a wait for you, going by your progress!

atb

Phil

As a novice scratchbuilder and 7mm modeller, I'd certainly love to see a guide.  Can't offer much in the way of advice for publishing although a blog would be easily accessible to most.

Lochgorm is giving good advice, just go and work through a couple of pages of Mike's topic...  see how he tells the story and how readers engage with him.  Measure how much we all have gained from being part of Mike's community

regards, Graham

• Agree 1

Yes the pulley needs to be set towards the center of the underframe.  The belt is driven by a larger pulley mounted on the nearest axle.  I use scrap brass strip to represent the belt.

436618348_P1010001-001(5).JPG.58d54034d5fe031caba16eb956ccad87.JPG

I had to fiddle with it to make it clear the bogie.  Also of note in this shot is the plastic rod representing the steam heat pipe.

John

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that Amanda ,let's hope things do work out ok and you can continue in 7mm.

atb

Phil