Possible baseboard supplier

gordon s

14 hours ago, gordon s said:

This ad appeared in between the young lady dress ads.....

https://celestemechanicalmusic.co.uk/baseboards

New name on me, but they are showing various 12mm ply baseboards. I haven't delved beyond the first few pics as I make my own, but could be of interest to others.

Thanks for posting Gordon, It could be very usefull.

I also make my own, and to me 12mm looks a bit on the heavy side, especially for Exhibition use, although it should withstand the riggers of constant moving about. For my home and previous Exhibition Layouts, I've always used 9mm and never had any warping or any other problems associated with Ply, but I do use good quality timber.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 18:52, gordon s said:

This ad appeared in between the young lady dress ads.....

https://celestemechanicalmusic.co.uk/baseboards

New name on me, but they are showing various 12mm ply baseboards. I haven't delved beyond the first few pics as I make my own, but could be of interest to others.

Bit pricey. I usually make my own, by the beam method and as Boss Andy says, good quality timber.

Thanks for posting though, it is always good to see new traders come to light.

• Like 1

Price comparison is a difficult one as we always disregard the cost of a high quality table saw, sharp circular saw blades plus a routing table and pillar drill to make something accurately to size and perfectly square. Add in all the other associated tools and adhesives plus high quality ply which is probably £30+ a sheet, not to mention the free labour, free rent of the workshop and zero profit margin and it’s easy to see how price comparisons always make bought in items appear expensive.

If you haven’t got those tools or the necessary woodworking skills, professionally made boards will always be better than something that is poorly made. A good baseboard is the foundation to years of smooth running.

• Agree 6