PowerCab parts

Ray H

• RMweb Premium

We have several NCE PowerCabs at our club. At least one has developed a mind of its own when the "speed wheel" is moved back or forth with the speed setting figure shown on the display going up or down but not necessarily related to the speed wheel movement.

I had a look at the circuit board last night and think there must be a special part involved in correcting the fault as it doesn't look like a variable resistor that I've seen before. 

Are NCE the only source of this part?

• RMweb Premium

Thanks chaps. As far as I can see it only entails three connections to remove & replace it.

We've definitely got one throttle that is all but unusable (with the wheel) and another is showing slight signs of a similar problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray H said:

I had a look at the circuit board last night and think there must be a special part involved in correcting the fault as it doesn't look like a variable resistor that I've seen before. 

I think it's a rotary encoder. Lots of hits (inluding RMWeb) if you google 'nce power cab encoder replacement', e.g. https://www.coastaldcc.co.uk/products/nce/spares/