Ivatt 4MT at work

Peppercorn

Not the best photo - mine aren't - but I think this shot that I took in August 1966 shows the steam engine at work quite well. How I wish I'd understood the importance of shutter speed etc. 

I've felt forced to write on it 'copyright' as two of my photos have been nicked - one from here, the other from a F/B page - without so much as a by-your-leave but accompanied by a good deal of belligerence - as if it's quite OK to steal something and the owner no right to query it. Sorry about the rant.

Ivatt 4MT at Carlisle August 1966.jpg

Edited by Peppercorn
text error
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Your photo is not displaying. Your comment about photos being taken without agreement or recognition is sadly common and has happened to me to with the same aggro you have experienced. 

Ivatt 4mts are great, ok the monitor injectors are loud enough to wake the dead and it rattles and bangs, but there is just something about it. Easy to prep, easy to drive, fire and dispose. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think you’ve captured the look of the locomotive pretty well - no complaints about the shutter speed as there’s just enough blur in the driving wheels to show movement, while keeping the loco itself sharp.

I sympathise with your comments about taking other people’s work, and I hope (though doubt) that adding a copyright line outside the main subject area would be preventative.  You may have noticed that one way to build up an enormous number of “likes” on this site is to hot-link to other people’s pictures on Flickr, without so much as an acknowledgement or respect of the photographer’s terms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately the purloining of images online is yet another pitfall of the digital age of which we have to be aware. Alongside the more publicised, serious threats such as scams, phishing, identity theft etc, the unauthorised use of our photographs is never taken lightly and can be very upsetting.

Consider greatly reducing the resolution and dimensions of a copy of any images that you wIsh to “protect” before posting online, to a very small printable and viewable size. 

Edited by Right Away
“finger trouble”
  • Thanks 1