A SMALL SLICE OF SPIEZ IN HO SCALE

swisspeat

• 2 months later...

Thanks very much Jim. Apparently it will run over the next 2 issues. Possibly 3 because I have just sent a postscript on BLS buses.

i was very pleased with how CM presented the first part.

in the last two days I have taken two other Swiss Layout baseboards down from the garage rafters to see if I should keep the baseboards and start another Swiss project...

thanks again for writing Jim.

kind regards,

peter

• Like 1

Thanks very much Neil.

for anyone who is interested the photos were taken on a Canon G16.

i wrote to the editor and said thanks for all presentation. They handle the colour repro very well.

i see there is another Swiss Layout in the next issue that readers of this page will be well aware!

kind regards,

peter

• Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 17:25, swisspeat said:

i see there is another Swiss Layout in the next issue that readers of this page will be well aware!

"Layout" may be stretching the description a bit! ;)

Looking forward to your article.

Edited by Gook the Goblin
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• 8 months later...
On 05/10/2020 at 19:09, swisspeat said:

Thanks.

The SBB Cargo Eem 923 is a Model by HAG as you probably know. Named Stockhorn after the nearby mountain.

After 18 months I had to return it to the manufacturer because the driving axle became detached from the motor drive wheel. A common fault I understand. 

Fun to use, oddly Sound is started up on F7. 

I fitted the mirrors yesterday. By golly that was fiddly.

Hi Pete,

I have followed your work and posts for many years and always a treat / inspiration !

Your Spiez layout continues to impress.

I also have a Hag Classic Eem923 , which I have had stored since its release, in 2018  pending the start of my Swiss retirement layout this year.

Disappointingly , the loco runs like a dog, bumping along with the axles jumping / limping  most of the time.

Quite shocking really for a model that at the time cost 399 euro's. ( it is dcc sound equipped version tho)

I have read on the Hag forums that this is /was a manufacturing  issue with engine mount / gears and tolerances and Tekwiss Engineering have repaired quite a few, some free some with a modest charge.

Was your issue resolved/ repaired  and is it running satisfactorily now ?

I have at last found  an email address for  Tekwiss, and emailed last night asking for comment.

Fingers crossed,, I can get this repaired ( even if it costs).

Visually, it is a superb little locomotive and the sounds , being a hybrid with electric and diesel similarly so.

It's one of my favourite loco's  but is probably the worst runner!

I have just joined RMWeb , as I have started my retirement layout which is SBB Cargo themed facility, I have posted some  pics .

I look forward to being an active participant in the Swiss Forum.

Regards

Steve

Eem 923 

IMG_20220813_115731.jpg

Edited by Busybeas23
photo
  • Like 2

Hello Steve,

I share your pain!

For some years my model was the dearest loco I had bought and for that I hoped it would run like a dream. It did not. 

The problem seems to be that it will not run on Code 75  track - the flanges are too deep. It rumbles around Code 75 track. This is the reason that most of my recent layouts are Code 100 again. Just for this loco!

The sound is great.

To top it all 18 months after I bought it the motor turned but the wheels did not.  Seems to be the problem you describe. I had to return it to HAG who fixed it FOC because it was under 2 year warranty.

Please let me know how you get on. I have considered rewheeling mine.

looking forward to how your project progresses.

Kind regards,

Peter