18 hours ago, Stan68 said:

I like the sound of a not-in-use class 37, especially with the tail lamp. Are you going to do a repaint on it?

It won’t be a repaint, as it’s already in DRS Livery although I may do a bit of research and ask my more knowledgeable  friends to see if the Lima DRS Blue is the correct shade. 

If I decide to do a DIT loco, then it’ll just be fully detailed. 

• Like 2

Hi Jack, love the tractors and the short set Is a good excuse for some more! I did 37057 in its green livery for Matt ( Richmond Park) - there’s some pics of it on my thread about “can’t rails” about wonky orange stripes! Keep up the posts always good to see Wratting Rd, cheers Jerry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Jack, love the tractors and the short set Is a good excuse for some more! I did 37057 in its green livery for Matt ( Richmond Park) - there’s some pics of it on my thread about “can’t rails” about wonky orange stripes! Keep up the posts always good to see Wratting Rd, cheers Jerry

Hi Jerry. 

indeed, the short set I’ve always want to model. One of the DRS TSOs will need renumbering but the rest should be good to go. Will have several DRS 37s eventually!

That sounds interesting, I’ll certainly take a look. And may approach you when it’s time for an 057 to join WR. 

cheers, Jack

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrattingRoad said:

Hi Jerry. 

indeed, the short set I’ve always want to model. One of the DRS TSOs will need renumbering but the rest should be good to go. Will have several DRS 37s eventually!

That sounds interesting, I’ll certainly take a look. And may approach you when it’s time for an 057 to join WR. 

cheers, Jack

Found the pics - Can't remember the base loco but can always ask Matt, Cheers Jerry771517688_37057side.jpg.da3c6607bd4955d1075fd18cea160f02.jpg

057.jpg.d185391b0902dfbf7cc7dcd2f68dc558.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Scenes on the layout - Footpath on an old track bed.

So far, the layout only has two ‘scenes’ and this is one of them. It’s a public footpath/trial walk that is on top of an old track bed. The idea being an old branch line left the mainline and continued into the (non existent) town to a different location. However, Dr Beeching struck in the 1960s and the track was lifted and nature took its toll. 

Inspiration for this scene came from the footpath that follows the old railway through my hometown. Me and my uncle like going on walks following the routes of old railways and we’ve covered quite a few!

I added figures with some dogs to create a bit of life to the scene and added details like bins, litter (which ironically is around the bins!) and also some items of old railway infrastructure to give that feel or impression that an old railway was once there. See if you can spot them! 

F0F131BA-F9DE-4024-BAB1-2D0974E608F0.jpeg.aa636d62d2b60d15727cfa401de417a2.jpeg

4D37C2E8-DFBD-41BC-822E-7933C334BBAD.jpeg.0d201da057b0a9864e2953acb80d10c4.jpeg

F7DB1EFB-9A46-4B18-B3F7-9596356C8EA7.jpeg.dc83a05eb77d3585ee3343a74a9980e9.jpeg

8D183EC3-81A3-4764-81CE-BC74029E158D.jpeg.14a49bf3ac293c3651b24e075c7af378.jpeg

I briefly talked about the signal box earlier on in the thread. This is at the end of the footpath scene, and sits in a place I thought would be suitable. This gives the impression that there was a junction from the mainline for the branch line - it’s got to come from somewhere right?

’Wratting Road South’ is inspired from the disused box at Bishops Stortford on the WAML. It’s a metcalfe kit I adapted to suit the layout and location and detailed to look somewhat like it but of course, it isn’t a replica of it. Looking back now and comparing to some creations I’ve seen, it’s still rather basic and not that great or impressive but as my modelling skills improve, I’ll probably replace the box with a scratch built replica or save it for when I build my next layout.

Here’s the box up close

79298582-340A-492E-A746-4FDADEDF7085.jpeg.6bcc9794d1193d7b784428cb68fa0dec.jpeg

EFD5BDDC-01B5-48B8-B0DC-509FDF1658C8.jpeg.fc7a3588a463d8786b8e98f7e37d73cb.jpeg

• Like 9

I promised myself I’d keep Youtube links/mentions to a minimum on RMWeb. But I’m in the process of creating a full layout tour and update video which should be up soon. Once it’s posted I’ll link it in. This will show more of the layout, and you’ll get a much better view of it with plenty of footage of trains running. I’ll be doing a running session video too, probably at some point next week depending on how time allows ;)

• Like 2

I uploaded a full layout tour on my YouTube channel this morning. Well, it’s an ‘update’ video but I included a full layout tour. I realised I never linked my channel when I first mentioned about having a YouTube channel :wacko:

My Youtube Channel

My Layout’s Facebook Page

My Layout’s Instagram

Theres a few links above taking you to my socials as I do post there more regularly. Like I said before, I’ll be keeping Youtube mentions to a minimum on this unless asked. Thanks.

Jack

8E155268-F7F0-422B-8CEA-D3F09AB31CFE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Just a suggestion:

If you add your youtube/FB/Instagram links to your signature, they will appear on all your posts.

I find it the easiest way to locate my layout thread when I want to update it.

Thanks, that’s not a bad idea. How do I go about editing my ‘signature?’ 

I havn’t explored all the settings or what I can do yet, I did have a quick look in settings but couldn’t find where to add it.  

2 hours ago, WrattingRoad said:

Thanks, that’s not a bad idea. How do I go about editing my ‘signature?’ 

I havn’t explored all the settings or what I can do yet, I did have a quick look in settings but couldn’t find where to add it.  

Click on your name in the top right of the window & from the drop down menu, choose Account Settings.

Signature will then be one of the items on the left.

There is a lot to like about your layout. Keep enjoying it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Click on your name in the top right of the window & from the drop down menu, choose Account Settings.

Signature will then be one of the items on the left.

There is a lot to like about your layout. Keep enjoying it.

thanks. Hopefully got it sorted! And thanks for your kind words!

On 27/09/2020 at 10:21, WrattingRoad said:

Cheers Neil!

Plenty of 37s I still want to get, especially now the Hornby DRS Mk2s are here...

Sounds good Jack ive been

spraying up few Bachmann 37s into drs liveries and fitting out with wi pack fronts..

22 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Sounds good Jack ive been

spraying up few Bachmann 37s into drs liveries and fitting out with wi pack fronts..

that sounds awesome. I’m waiting patiently for Accurascale’s upcoming 37. Thinking of pre ordering 423. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, WrattingRoad said:

that sounds awesome. I’m waiting patiently for Accurascale’s upcoming 37. Thinking of pre ordering 423. 

I just enjoy making DRS 37s from Bachmann 37 locos and rainbow railways front noses with roof lights Jack.

4D6AF915-F97A-46C5-BA17-51D5360EA9AD.jpeg

• Like 4