Layout wiring including Peco Double Slip Points

model-trains

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can advise me on the wiring to a series of points, including a Peco 4 Way point?

Image attached, I think most of the suggestions detailed are fine, but no sure the 4 Way point wiring is correct.

Any help or suggestions are really appreciated.

1521396774_4WAYPOINTWIRING.jpg.1982d5d26ebf8ce338f7925d82c63894.jpg

Click image to enlarge it

Edited by model-trains
Correction to title

• RMweb Gold

The best way I find for wiring a double-slip is to add a bus feed wire to each of the long outer rails of the slip. If it's an insulfrog slip, it should take care of itself, but if it's an electrofrog, you'll need to add polarity switches for the frogs.

• Informative/Useful 2

On 07/09/2020 at 18:25, model-trains said:

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can advise me on the wiring to a series of points, including a Peco 4 Way point?

Image attached, I think most of the suggestions detailed are fine, but no sure the 4 Way point wiring is correct.

Any help or suggestions are really appreciated.

1521396774_4WAYPOINTWIRING.jpg.1982d5d26ebf8ce338f7925d82c63894.jpg

Click image to enlarge it

Why have you got the 2nd crossover as the double slip will take care of that - or is the diagram not to scale?

What is the purple 'feedback'?

• Thanks 1

The 4 way point is drawn as a long crossing .  If it is a double slip then it just needs a dropper on each of the two long rails at the sides. If it is a long crossing it really needs relays or juicers for the frogs, dead frog can short on DCC so really need live frogs and  if it has been fully live frogged with the plastic blob in the outer rails removed and the outer rails joined it needs four juicers or a four pole relay.  Two for frogs and two for outer rails. Mine have four pole relays installed 30 years ago but my relays are only 1 amp not enough for reliable operation on DCC.  Its a good idea to use double slips instead of long crossings to minimise wiring.

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, bartram108 said:

Why have you got the 2nd crossover as the double slip will take care of that - or is the diagram not to scale?

What is the purple 'feedback'?

Hi

The details are not to scale ans show the live and com of a single track in parallel.

There is only one double slip showing in the image but a second one will be added leading to/through the first one.

The feedback is in a block, I am installing the Digikeijs system using DR4088LN to DR5000 controller

Thanks for your comments.

2 hours ago, DavidCBroad said:

The 4 way point is drawn as a long crossing .  If it is a double slip then it just needs a dropper on each of the two long rails at the sides.

Hi David

It is a Peco double slip, my apologies for calling it a 4 ways, sometimes the memory (like my track building) doesn't work as it should.  :lol:

Thanks for your comments.