York station in the 1950's.

kirtleypete

I haven't weighed it but it's not all that heavy, the inside is empty space.  The problem now is lifting it without knocking something off! 

Five more pictures are below; I need a couple of days now and it will be finished.

Peter

YKH1.jpg

YKH2.jpg

YKH3.jpg

YKH4.jpg

YKH5.jpg

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I'm pleased with that Richard, because being only 2/3rds full size everything seems to be ending up in the wrong place! 

All the white areas will be toned down considerably when the model is complete, they look very bright at the moment.

Peter

HOTEL1.jpg

HOTEL2.jpg

HOTEL3.jpg

HOTEL4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

I've finally completed the last window!!  Tomorrow I'll weather everything and make the octagonal tea room that is going to be kept separate until the hotel is in place on the layout. Delivery will be on Saturday.

Peter

HOTL1.jpg

HOTL2.jpg

HOTL3.jpg

HOTL4.jpg

This shows what a huge difference a little diluted black paint makes to the windows and drain pipes. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

Edited by kirtleypete
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

Yes, this is just the first part.... I've the river section to do next so that the track can then be laid and continued beyond the bridge. Following that will be the main station and overall roof, and later in 2021 loco sheds and other such buildings. There's a lot to do! I'll be describing it all on here as it develops. 

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely stunning work. I have to keep reminding myself that Pete is a professional when I look at my efforts in the light of his, but then he is very generous with his photo files.

Edited by Rowsley17D
photo
  • Like 1

I've just found this excellent picture of the original railway bridge over the Ouse, conforming that the girders were painted grey. Scalelink do etched lattice which will be ideal for that job. The replacement bridge looks very similar, but has been painted green. 

River_Ouse_and_Scarborough_Bridge,_York_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1751436.jpg

I've just bought this picture from Colour Rail - exactly what I needed!

886396912_OUSEBRIDGE800.jpg.da29064bfdf26985ab566488827b5c55.jpg

Peter

Edited by kirtleypete
  • Like 3

I just did the hotel, my customer has done the rest. His track building is superb, and what's more he actually enjoys it! I'm looking forward to doing the river, really it's a diorama that will then be slotted into the rest of the layout. 

Peter