Gill Head: Kirkby Luneside's neighbour

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

Hope you don't get a hernia moving it about!!

Yes, I'll be very careful.

It can stay in its current position - as it has since the middle of November - until it's been painted. Then, hopefully, myself and my brother will rotate it onto the base of the low-level L-table.

Looking forward to that moment as at that point I can start to think about the scenery to be built around it.

Jeff

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Looking fantastic Jeff. Your progress has been unbelievable. 

With working through all the lockdowns my progress has been glacial at times. But......... Some of my walling finally had its first colouring coat today. All of a sudden everything looks different after staring at white for weeks.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

Looking fantastic Jeff. Your progress has been unbelievable. 

With working through all the lockdowns my progress has been glacial at times. But......... Some of my walling finally had its first colouring coat today. All of a sudden everything looks different after staring at white for weeks.

Thanks for your continued support, Steve. I must admit that there have been times over the last 8 weeks (time since stone "laying" began) when I've also been sick of "staring at white".

Don't worry about the pace of your progress, as long as you end up happy with the end result. I'm, quite frankly, amazed the viaduct has worked out so well, but as completion nears I keep thinking "what are you going to do when it's built?" I'm a bit worried that I'll come to a grinding halt, especially with the arrival of a new laptop specifically aimed at my astrophotography obsession!

Another thing, there aren't a lot of people (insane enough to be) hand-building walling. So if you are happy with the way it looks, it's beyond criticism. DAS is a great material for a variety of projects. The underbridge near the station will certainly be "stoned".

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, ok, so you no like the latest piccies, eh....too similar to what has gone before....:o:sarcastic:

'Tis an easy solution....I'll post some pics in a week or so when the bit above the string course is done....

I'm being semi-serious. I couldn't care less about the "like ratings", but they are indicative of whether anyone is looking.

I'll give it a break for a while - maybe I can work out why my new laptop posted upside down pics whatever the orientation of the saved file in the folder. :)

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 2

Morning Jeff

I couldn't care less about the "like ratings",

That makes two of us which is why I don't click them, but I can assure you I look at every picture (even upside down ones!) and read every word.

The more the merrier for me.

Chip

Edited by Chipster
Speeling mistook
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whether you care or not Jeff, I'm going to continue to click 'Like' because it reflects what I think.  It also avoids the irritation of threads being peppered with endless posts saying little more than "I like it" or "keep it up" and the consequential cluttering of 'Unread Content' views.

Whilst I'm at it, the viaduct is looking great and even though it is still unfinished it fully justifies your decision to apply individual stones and to go about it in such a methodical manner.  In short: I like it, keep it up! :good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I looked last night and was not only PLEASED to see a picture, but also impressed with the progress. Keep the pics coming, for those that like pics of progress.

PS. I forgot to click the LIKE last night and was to tired to write a comment.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

I tend to look at Rmweb during work hours as I don't 'do' the internet between 5pm and 8am if I can help it so I've Liked your pics this morning and hope to see many more - work can be very dull in comparison :)

Graeme

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Like others above, I'm always happy to see pictures of progress on this "monumental" project (even if you don't think they show much progress). 

I just don't click "like" every time as I'm wary of looking like I'm a sycophantic "fanboy" (or whatever the modern term is).  

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for all your comments earlier in the week.

I've been busy - doing, guess what? - and I'll try and get some pics onto here on Sunday. It all depends on how well tonight's DAS strips dry and whether I can then get tomorrow's planned tasks completed.

Watch this space! :):)

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just having a break for tea, then, provided today's PVA has dried, I should be able to get some pics. Maybe around 8pm - and be prepared for images appearing and disappearing if the new laptop decides to post them upside down again!! :o

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Phew!

All pics were in the correct orientation, so no edits required.

I hope you find the pics of interest.

Realistically, it'll probably take me another 2 weeks before the painting can start. Today is day 95, and counting!

J.

• Like 3

Looks better every time.  But i have question, which I could google of course.  What are the spandrels?  I keep reading about them in your posts and assumed I would realise once they were fitted, however I am still not sure.

Felling ignorant,

DeadRinger

• Agree 2