Gill Head: Kirkby Luneside's neighbour

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, peach james said:

The only Tiger I can think I'd want to see on KL2 is perhaps an Esso tank wagon !  (put a tiger in your tank, put a tiger in your tank...).  I mean, I don't even want to see the mankini reappear :)

(and heaven help us if the other kind of 1940's Tiger appeared on the fell...)

James

Well, you did recall the old Esso mantra, "put a tiger in your TANK"!

Unless Gill Head converts to a wargaming scenario, there'll be none of them screaming across the fells.

I do actually have some Esso tank wagons. I think I converted a number of them to EM, some of the models notable for the scalpel-resistant plastic on the brake blocks.

As for the Mankini - or Mankini Man model..... Better not discuss them, we wouldn't like to shock some of the younger viewers!!

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

The return of pig and sheep....

1093230367_20211112_134213rs.jpg.58537af7420dc44ad402ac47c614a0b9.jpg

"Hey, lads, stop munchin' and and luk at this!!"

"Wozzat, pig?"

"Less of yer cheek, lad, c fer yerself...."

"Oooh, thass pritty! I luv that red culler. Fanzy a clossur luk?"....

"Yep. Eyel 'ave a luk inside...."

1094976435_20211112_134404rs.jpg.e72fb85e55a6bf87b75f78eb3580f1f8.jpg

"Its a bit 'ard on the joints, goin' up 'ere"

"Pig - DON'T mention JOINTS!! We're terrified thass 'ow weel end up!"

1305674162_20211112_134538rs.jpg.211463c533fa9b51d262acbcdb2178cf.jpg

"Don't wurry, lads - I've got sum gud news fer ya....!

20211112_134713.jpg.965401eaa1a03634b3a4edbea42e2f9d.jpg

"NO cattle dock!! Grate stuff - weer safe....."

"Errr, Yes - until Jeff bilds it on 'ere....."

"At the rate ees goin' it mite be in the spring. Oh sh1t! I think weed bettur cleer off....."

Yes, I know it's silly, but so what? No worse than some of the stuff I've seen on the Forum in the last couple of days!

Anyway, pics of embankments, grass and walling by the start of next week.

And David - (almost) all the "snow" has gone!

Jeff

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

2 hours ago, Physicsman said:

The return of pig and sheep....

1093230367_20211112_134213rs.jpg.58537af7420dc44ad402ac47c614a0b9.jpg

"Hey, lads, stop munchin' and and luk at this!!"

"Wozzat, pig?"

"Less of yer cheek, lad, c fer yerself...."

"Oooh, thass pritty! I luv that red culler. Fanzy a clossur luk?"....

"Yep. Eyel 'ave a luk inside...."

1094976435_20211112_134404rs.jpg.e72fb85e55a6bf87b75f78eb3580f1f8.jpg

"Its a bit 'ard on the joints, goin' up 'ere"

"Pig - DON'T mention JOINTS!! We're terrified thass 'ow weel end up!"

1305674162_20211112_134538rs.jpg.211463c533fa9b51d262acbcdb2178cf.jpg

"Don't wurry, lads - I've got sum gud news fer ya....!

20211112_134713.jpg.965401eaa1a03634b3a4edbea42e2f9d.jpg

"NO cattle dock!! Grate stuff - weer safe....."

"Errr, Yes - until Jeff bilds it on 'ere....."

"At the rate ees goin' it mite be in the spring. Oh sh1t! I think weed bettur cleer off....."

Yes, I know it's silly, but so what? No worse than some of the stuff I've seen on the Forum in the last couple of days!

Anyway, pics of embankments, grass and walling by the start of next week.

And David - (almost) all the "snow" has gone!

Jeff

Actually, there should be another button to press for "hysterical". Keep up the great modelling and the new "narrative". Mucho chuckles this end. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Actually, there should be another button to press for "hysterical". Keep up the great modelling and the new "narrative". Mucho chuckles this end. 

Thanks Brian.

This is the third appearance of our 4-legged friends. If you haven't seen them before and you fancy a good groan at the terrible "humour", have a look back to June: pages 47 and 49.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

I see that he’s Hogging the limelight. It’s despigable  behaviour. The swine is leading those sheep astray. :jester:

hat, coat ……. Taxi! :biggrin_mini2:

Just terrible, Steve. I bet you spent ages thinking those up.....

No need to be sheepish, and swill your mouth out for the terrible humour. I'm grinding my teeth just reading the stuff. Befits a true Ram, eh?

Just beware of all that cat-litter you came across yesterday!

J.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, lambiedg said:

Animal Farm comes to the S&C!

George Orwell eat your heart out.

D

The titanic trio will be making further "beast appearances" in the coming months, along with invited guests.

I shall endeavour to "play to the crowds" in the future with more railway-related items, such as newly unboxed locos and station-completion work.

J.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Thanks Brian.

This is the third appearance of our 4-legged friends. If you haven't seen them before and you fancy a good groan at the terrible "humour", have a look back to June: pages 47 and 49.

Jeff

Well, blow me down.  I revisited the pages you mentioned only to find I had already :lol:'d them.  It's the age, you know.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

I shall endeavour to "play to the crowds" in the future with more railway-related items, such as newly unboxed locos and station-completion work.

J.

I'll be looking forward to that part.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

I'll be looking forward to that part.

PM sent.

21 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Well, blow me down.  I revisited the pages you mentioned only to find I had already :lol:'d them.  It's the age, you know.

Don't worry Brian, it's happening to all of us. At least we're still able to recognise that it's happening, so maybe we're not that far gone! :good::)

Jeff

• Agree 1

You need to build a pub at the bottom of that wall Jeff. In my mind's eye I'm following that long wall all the way from the top of Ingleborough down to the Hill Inn in Chapel-le-dale for a well earned pint or three :)

Graeme

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning Jeff,

My rmWeb time is diminishing at the moment one way or another!  However, your making superb progress, I just hope your going to be able to enjoy it when its all done and you can (dare I say it) run trains :) I know how much enjoyment you get from the building side of things.  The first shot from last night's update especially looks brilliant.  Always enjoy catching up on what your doing - you couldn't arrange for another few hours in each day, could you ... that way I could catch up more often!!

Take care

Rich

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, jacko said:

You need to build a pub at the bottom of that wall Jeff. In my mind's eye I'm following that long wall all the way from the top of Ingleborough down to the Hill Inn in Chapel-le-dale for a well earned pint or three :)

Graeme

Graeme, you've given me an idea for a future diorama - the one after "Ais Gill" (name has been sorted, but will have to wait until the new thread starts), perhaps.

I like the idea of a walling background to a small, part-village scene, to allow some scratchbuilding of structures.

I could even have a few model people out front, swigging down their pints. Maybe name them Jeff, Graeme, David and Jonathan?!!

Edited by Physicsman
walLing not walKIng!
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Morning Jeff,

My rmWeb time is diminishing at the moment one way or another!  However, your making superb progress, I just hope your going to be able to enjoy it when its all done and you can (dare I say it) run trains :) I know how much enjoyment you get from the building side of things.  The first shot from last night's update especially looks brilliant.  Always enjoy catching up on what your doing - you couldn't arrange for another few hours in each day, could you ... that way I could catch up more often!!

Take care

Rich

Hi Rich.

I may be a physicist, but I've not perfected the art of lengthening the days.

I DO love building landscapes, but I guarantee a LOT of running locos when the 00 plank is built. AND a lot of scenery.

Just do what you can. If a layout or project takes years, fine, as long as you enjoy doing it. Better slow than rush and mess things up!

J.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, lambiedg said:

Really good shots of the coming of spring on the layout……..

Just the 12”/1’ world descends into winter.

D

VERY true, David.

I hate the fact that when I pop my head out of the Bunker door at 4pm it's already pretty dark!

However, as an astronomer there's the silver lining of longer nights for looking at the moon and stars. IF we ever see them when the bl**dy clouds depart. Eh, Graeme?

J.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I could even have a few model people out front, swigging down their pints. Maybe name them Jeff, Graeme, David and Jonathan?!!

Steady on, Jeff you'll be getting us worse names than the ones we already have!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Steady on, Jeff you'll be getting us worse names than the ones we already have!

I simply used the names of those who'd posted on here today - but managed to omit Rich. Sorry about that, Rich!

As for worse names....well, I never really liked "Jeff" anyway...

Or maybe "the names have been changed to protect the innocent"?

Extending this idea has me visualising a 4' x 2' board with a Cumbrian or North Yorkshire village Market Street, cobbles and all, a couple of pubs on either side and a single track line running down the middle. The latter isn't quite prototype, but tons of room for modelling and an old 3F pulling a train of sh1tty wagons full of scrap and wood moving down the line....

Jeff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, lambiedg said:

Wait till the solstice!

Here in Motherwell a cloudy mid December will be pitch black by 3.30!

colder and hopefully cleare this weekend I believe.

D

A few bright, crisp days are good for the psychology.

Doesn't seem quite as bad, emerging from the Bunker into darkness, if old friends like Jupiter, the Moon and stars are beaming down.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I simply used the names of those who'd posted on here today - but managed to omit Rich. Sorry about that, Rich!

As for worse names....well, I never really liked "Jeff" anyway...

Jeff.

As its you Jeff, I'll happily forgive you ... added to the fact I am tea-total so wouldn't have been swigging pints ... now if you'd said Appletizer :)

Rich

• Like 1