Wizard Models/Comet Models BR Ivatt Class 2 Narrow Chimney (Darlington Build 46465-46490) available again.

• RMweb Gold

Placed an order with Wizard Models on Saturday for a number of items which arrived today nicely packaged from North Lincolnshire. 

Included in the order were four LS48 BR Ivatt Class 2 narrow chimneys  (Darlington build 46465-46490). I believe these have been recently reintroduced.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/locomotive/ls48/

As I've three Bachmann models to finish of 46466 (31A), 46467 (31A) and 46468 (63D) these are a welcome reintroduction. Watch my blog for the completion of these three. 

These are excellent castings. With some good bargains to be had with regards to Bachmann's model of LMS Ivatt 2MT 6419 it may worth a quick project to produce an  unlined BR version with Darlington chimney. 

Well recommended and excellent service as ever from Andrew. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 2

Major Clanger is always helpful with this kind of thing.

When I was in the early stages of converting my Bachmann Mickey Mouse to EM I dropped it and bent the chimney.  Wizard had only taken over the Comet range a matter of days before, the chimney wasnt listed as a separate item and Andrew went slightly wide-eyed when I asked him if he could supply a replacement at whatever exhibition it was.  He suggested I send him an email as a reminder.  I did so and had my replacement chimney at an entirely reasonable price by the end of the week.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/09/2020 at 19:38, mike morley said:

Major Clanger is always helpful with this kind of thing.

When I was in the early stages of converting my Bachmann Mickey Mouse to EM I dropped it and bent the chimney.  Wizard had only taken over the Comet range a matter of days before, the chimney wasnt listed as a separate item and Andrew went slightly wide-eyed when I asked him if he could supply a replacement at whatever exhibition it was..... 

Totally agree Mike and nice to see the chimney back in the range again. 

Likewise I think Andrew must have run for cover every time I asked about these chimneys being re-released.