Accurascale Welcomes Paul Isles On Board!

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Islesy said:

There was no need for such a document, or any other confidentiality agreement @gwrrob; that sort of thing isn’t my style and I shall be keeping Hornby’s future plans to myself, not just because of my own principles, but because I respect the lads and lasses in Hornby’s Development team too much to reveal the 2021 projects ahead of time. 

You’re a great natural communicator who’s joining a team of like minded spirits,equally at ease with involving the whole enthusiast community and deriving knowledge and satisfaction in product development from that cooperative.....shall we say.....”brainstorming “ . With the buccaneering boys in green,Gareth Bayer and now you,I look forward to watching the sparks fly. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

With the buccaneering boys in green,Gareth Bayer and now you,...

A couple of years ago the guys were referred to as the 'rock stars' of the manufacturers; have they now become a 'supergroup'?

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

I have already earlier offered my personal congratulations direct to  Paul, whom I regard as a good friend as well a fast learner in the ways (except brown)  of the Southern... 

It is certainly Accurascale’s gain and I am sure he will become a huge asset to the team. 
Seems like there is a trend in new roles starting at the end of this month...  

At least Paul hasn’t been badgered across multiple threads with the dreaded wish listing yet...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

With the buccaneering boys in green,Gareth Bayer and now you,I look forward to watching the sparks fly

I’m liking the idea of being a buccaneer, because that’s just being a nationalised pirate...

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

9 hours ago, Islesy said:

There was no need for such a document, or any other confidentiality agreement @gwrrob; that sort of thing isn’t my style and I shall be keeping Hornby’s future plans to myself, not just because of my own principles, but because I respect the lads and lasses in Hornby’s Development team too much to reveal the 2021 projects ahead of time. 

So time to wishlist then??? :dancer:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations Paul and welcome to the Accurascale clan from both the team and us as customers. 

I'm excited to see what models Paul will support Accurascale in bringing to the market. It looks like their are more exciting times ahead for Accurascale as a company, it's growth and development and us as customers. 

As always it's excellent to see Accurascale striving forwards despite the current global challenges. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Legend said:

Yes congratulations on move . It does look like the Accurascale boys have got big plans ahead .  Speculating that we might see some new steam locos in future ?  

Now that’s an avenue they’ve yet to explore.Starting naturally of course with a Hawksworth County....oh dear mustn’t wish list Oh go on then ,CIE turf burner ? 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Would love a steam model to be done to Accurascale standards. Imagine all the pipework in hidden places under the tender.

While there are lovely models done (and now redone) by Hornby and Bachmann, there are gaps/weaker areas.

I do believe there is a market for a true 21st century Black 5 and 8F, huge classes, long lifetimes, and in the case of the 8F, international application.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Would love a steam model to be done to Accurascale standards. Imagine all the pipework in hidden places under the tender.

I think a dip of the toe in the market for an item of rolling stock aimed at the steam brigade and hopefully something pre-nationalisation.:)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Oh no, not another ****** wish list:butcher:   Now while I think of it ... ..

:banghead:

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I think a dip of the toe in the market for an item of rolling stock aimed at the steam brigade and hopefully something pre-nationalisation.:)

Something like an NER 20 ton hopper wagon, which would complement their HUO nicely.

John S 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 18:13, G-BOAF said:

While there are lovely models done (and now redone) by Hornby and Bachmann, there are gaps/weaker areas.

I do believe there is a market for a true 21st century Black 5 and 8F, huge classes, long lifetimes, and in the case of the 8F, international application.

Actually, I believe that the announcement is a direct response to my earlier suggestion for the iconic 9F to AS standards. 

I also believe that a man, and possibly pigs, may fly. :preved:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

26 minutes ago, truffy said:

Actually, I believe that the announcement is a direct response to my earlier suggestion for the iconic 9F to AS standards. 

I also believe that a man, and possibly pigs, may fly. :preved:

It is getting increasingly difficult to find diesel and electric models which haven’t already been done, although there are still gaps. The existing Hornby 92 is poor but the improvement in quality between the existing models of 37s and 55s and the Accurascale models will not be so great. On the other hand, there is plenty of scope for steam. British Railways inherited 448 classes of steam locomotives and interest is wakening in types which didn’t last long enough to enter BR service.

The problems facing the producer of steam locomotives are different from those facing the producer of diesels and electrics but if a model can be produced with two remotely controlled pantographs, the outside motion of a steam locomotive should hold no terrors. I wouldn’t dare wishlist but I can think of a couple of classes which would delight me and there are many more I’d jump at.

It would always be possible to start with an inside-cylindered class to test the water. On the other hand, perfectionists might want to portray working inside motion and include a model of the backside of a driver trying to oil the wretched thing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

It is getting increasingly difficult to find diesel and electric models which haven’t already been done, although there are still gaps. The existing Hornby 92 is poor but the improvement in quality between the existing models of 37s and 55s and the Accurascale models will not be so great. On the other hand, there is plenty of scope for steam. British Railways inherited 448 classes of steam locomotives and interest is wakening in types which didn’t last long enough to enter BR service.

Whilst that is very true to an extent. if Accurascale believe they are making sufficient profit on the 37 and 55, there are ample examples of existing models that could be done to the their standard. That is before we consider the lengths that are being gone to catering for variations across classes. I would happily see new 20s, 31s etc.

Then we can consider that these lads aren't scared of banger blue, unlike some others!

Roy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

Whilst that is very true to an extent. if Accurascale believe they are making sufficient profit on the 37 and 55, there are ample examples of existing models that could be done to the their standard. That is before we consider the lengths that are being gone to catering for variations across classes. I would happily see new 20s, 31s etc.

Then we can consider that these lads aren't scared of banger blue, unlike some others!

Roy

Funny that you should mention the 20s. I was quite looking forward to Bachmann’s new model but with the lighting not complete, I decided not to bother. I confess it’s a strange attitude when my steamers run around with no lights at all. :crazy:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Funny that you should mention the 20s. I was quite looking forward to Bachmann’s new model but with the lighting not complete, I decided not to bother. I confess it’s a strange attitude when my steamers run around with no lights at all. :crazy:

No not strange, same decision here. Many of my Bachmann 20s now have lights - I didn't mind doing that, but to do have to do half a lighting job winds me up.

The level of detail still looks not to Accurascale levels on the EPs shown. Yes they are better, but not there yet.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge