Accurascale Welcomes Paul Isles On Board!

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

At risk of turning this into a wishlist, what classes either steam, diesel or electric would you like to see them have a crack at?

Diesels: 20, 31, 42/43

And if we go to wagons, an HAA - would sell by the thousands.

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Can't say that I own any of those... Are there any glaring issues with those that warrant someone else having a go?

As for me I feel like a 00 gauge S160 is right up Accurascale's alley

They are not bad, just not up to today's standards and with variations across the classes that others seem reluctant to tool for.

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Can't say that I own any of those... Are there any glaring issues with those that warrant someone else having a go?

As for me I feel like a 00 gauge S160 is right up Accurascale's alley

As you mentioned it, I’d love one of those. That makes three which would delight me. :)

Edited by No Decorum
Clarification.

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I think Accurascale could offer a very good set of modern image multiple units myself, if the Mk5’s are a benchmark to be judged against.

The way they seem to go about development, I think they could do a "very good" anything the put their minds to.

Roy

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

What did you suggest in their wishlist that they offered us last year?  maybe they haven't finished getting through that lot yet?

I'm not sure that I did put anything forward. I'm not even sure if I was on RMWEB at that point, unless my memory truly is that bad.

I don't suppose you have a link to the thread that had the wishlist?

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

What did you suggest in their wishlist that they offered us last year?  maybe they haven't finished getting through that lot yet?

Would you believe I have been working on it these past few days in between a billion other things on the desk (kitchen table) at the moment. Some truly wonderful suggestions received in the 1800 replies we got and some err..... "interesting" ideas! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Would you believe I have been working on it these past few days in between a billion other things on the desk (kitchen table) at the moment. Some truly wonderful suggestions received in the 1800 replies we got and some err..... "interesting" ideas! 

At least we probably won't get many people asking for The Fell from now on.

Roy

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That raises the question, "How many test votes are allowed"?

Only the one. Then there was the spoilt votes. One string in particular was from someone who was  not happy about us making certain models. We're still trying to work out which rival company he/she works for :lol:. Wouldn't get such language from a docker!

• Like 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Only the one. Then there was the spoilt votes. One string in particular was from someone who was  not happy about us making certain models. We're still trying to work out which rival company he/she works for :lol:. Wouldn't get such language from a docker!

Didn't you know...that was Paul :D

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stanley Melrose said:

Please remember to carry on making provision in the base product for those who work in the more accurate gauges.  The early products definitely did so and I really hope this is adopted as a firm principle for future developments.

Stan

Hi Stan,

We certainly will and will do more to improve our output in this area.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

At risk of turning this into a wishlist, what classes either steam, diesel or electric would you like to see them have a crack at?

Class 50 - yes I know many find the existing model just fine, but I am not one of them.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, mdvle said:

Class 50 - yes I know many find the existing model just fine, but I am not one of them.

I was only thinking about Hornbys 50 recently. Went on ebay to get one on the cheap for a repaint only to find they are still crazy expensive. If the model was slightly better I'd be happy to pay what was being asked.

20 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I think Accurascale could offer a very good set of modern image multiple units myself, if the Mk5’s are a benchmark to be judged against.

Totally agree, notwithstanding the huge sums of money involved in development and production, then of course for the purchaser to hand over.

I would have thought the "star" series of 37x and 17x units should have enough commonality for slides to cope with some of the differences. Many people would probably say "too modern" but the Accurascale lads and Cavalex have summarily dismissed that concept.

More in keeping with my era I wonder if the class 302, 304, 305, 307 and 308 family could be embraced with slides for variants. Not very knowledgeable on the Southern non gangways EMUs but there might be more commonality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1