Hattons Pre-owned DCC

DK123GWR

I am a little confused about the pricing of DCC fitted items on the Hattons pre-owned section. As an example, I have decided to use this Hornby Class 66 with TTS sound.

image.png.a866c52f252ba78288f0f62b3bb68f50.png As you can see, it is stated on the overview page that the model is TTS sound fitted and costs £110. However, when you click on the link to the model, you end up here:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/567562/hornby_r3748_po02_class_66_7_66789_british_rail_1948_1997_in_br_large_logo_blue_with_gbrf_branding/stockdetail.aspx

This page tells a very different story, and appears to suggest that it costs £110 analogue or £138 DCC fitted. I don't understand why this would be the case. This suggests to me that Hattons are removing a chip (with the associated labour costs) and selling the model at a lower price than they would if they were to do nothing. I could understand this if they were to recover the cost by selling second-hand decoders separately, but a quick scan of the pre-owned page reveals no evidence of this. Can anybody shed some light on this situation?

It sounds like a question you should be asking Hattons if it's a product that you're interested in.

Looking at the catalogue number on the Hornby website, there is no mention of the product being TTS fitted.  https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/gbrf-class-66-co-co-66789-british-rail-1948-1997-era-11.html

Perhaps the original owner had removed the TTS chip before selling to Hattons and the initial description is incorrect.

I'm asking Hattons now via the online chat. It appears to be common to most/all DCC fitted items on the pre-owned section so I was hoping somebody with more experience of buying from them might have a quick answer.

It took about 7 minutes to get an answer (not bad at all). To quote them directly:

'If an item is listed as DCC fitted you will not need the DCC fittings version.'

Edited by DK123GWR

• RMweb Gold

Hi DK123GWR,

Thanks for the message and sorry for the confusion.

This item has been fitted with TTS digital sound by the previous owner, however it has retained its original digital status (8 pin DCC ready) on our listings. I've passed this to our team to amend the listing now.

Any amendments from the original product (additions, defects etc) will be added to the product title and this should be regarded first and foremost as an accurate reflection of the items condition.

If you have any queries regarding any listings, its best to get in touch directly with our team who are available 24/7 via phone, livechat or email.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1