Heljan class 35 Hymek sound

PeteN92

Hi people,

usually being a steam modeller I have taken the plunge and bought my first diesel loco a bargain Heljan class 35 Hymek. I want to put sound in but it looks like there is a few different sound projects to choose from. Any suggestions and opinions from people who have used different sound projects would be of great help??

Cheers

Pete

• RMweb Gold

As a man who grew up with Hymeks have been very happy with Howes files. With a well fitted speaker ..... And the Roads and Rails ones certainly deliver.... you will get the gutteral snarl which is so characteristic of a Hymek pulling away under load.

SWMBO complains they are too loud hee hee ... volume isn’t everything, quality is also important and there is no distortion…

In true Blue Peter style here’s some we did earlier

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 2

I have a quite old Howes one on an ESU v3.5. With a decent speaker set up, even that still satisfies me. Newer versions should be even better, with more speaker choices available for LokSound versions 4 and 5.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, lapford34102 said:

Have a couple of Hymeks with Coastal DCC sound chips. Quite happy with them.

https://www.coastaldcc.co.uk/products/sounds/diesel?page=2

Just bear in mind sound can be very subjective and things like speaker, it's location, environment, etc can make a difference.

Stu

And listening to sound reproduction on here doesn’t give faithful reproduction ... quality will be influenced by both the recording and playback devices