IRM Announced Exclusive Online Retailer of RPSI Special Edition Murphy Models 121

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this here on a charity drive for the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland!

We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland (RPSI) to assist in the retail and distribution of their beautiful Murphy Models 121 Class limited edition model.

B134.jpg.e6904b93ebd3827b1e98ab497619a99c.jpg

The RPSI has worked closely with Murphy Models to provide modellers and collectors an incredibly special edition model of their locomotive B134 in the distinctive grey and yellow livery.

This model, strictly limited to 300 pieces, is presented in the condition the real locomotive will appear once its extensive restoration at Inchicore Works is completed ahead of its return to the mainline. These distinctive features include LED marker lights, walkway handrails and the restoration of the original cab windows over the iconic bonnet of these iconic locomotives.  

All proceeds go to the RPSI who have been hit by a lack of railtours and museum closures this year due to COVID 19.

More info here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/irm-anncounced-exclusive-online-retailer-of-rpsi-special-edition-murphy-models-121

They are now in stock with about 60 models remain, so if you wish to support them (or order the from the rest of the 121s, with B135 also in stock as IRM retailing the Murphy Models range!) you can order it here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-121-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

What a beaut .... and it's great to see the support for RPSI, not least because preservation seems so much less well funded with a more sparsely distributed population on the other side of the Irish Sea.  

I think it's stretching Rule 1 too far for me though - regauged and on loan to the UK?   

No, it will still have to be the Deltic for me .

I would stretch a point for the Listowel & Ballybunion though.  Perhaps Lartigue track and point/turntables could be modified from rigid rails from set track fitted into injection moulded A frames?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

What a beaut .... and it's great to see the support for RPSI, not least because preservation seems so much less well funded with a more sparsely distributed population on the other side of the Irish Sea.  

I think it's stretching Rule 1 too far for me though - regauged and on loan to the UK?   

No, it will still have to be the Deltic for me .

I would stretch a point for the Listowel & Ballybunion though.  Perhaps Lartigue track and point/turntables could be modified from rigid rails from set track fitted into injection moulded A frames?

Fundraising is especially important for the RPSI this year as they have been unable to run any railtours at all due to COVID19. In some ways this model could not have been better timed. Thankfully they're selling well and we don't have many left. Sure to be an appreciating collectable if prices of other Murphy Models locos are anything to go by! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1