Shawplan

Marky B

They certainly are still trading - having FINALLY decided which Warships I want to model I placed an order for various plates and detailing parts on Wednesday 2nd September and received them exactly a week later, i.e. three days ago.

Very happy with the service and the excellent products.

6 hours ago, Neil Phillips said:

They certainly are still trading - having FINALLY decided which Warships I want to model I placed an order for various plates and detailing parts on Wednesday 2nd September and received them exactly a week later, i.e. three days ago.

Very happy with the service and the excellent products.

Thank you Neil, I was thinking it very unlikely that they had closed, but I still can't access their website. Maybe it's my browser, I'm using Firefox, so I'll try using another.

Regards,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

There's a glorious irony that there was always a monthly thread about how hard it was to get hold of Shawplan, and the answer was always "Brian's just so busy at exhibitions, and he doesn't do email, and he doesn't answer the phone, you need to send a carrier pigeon". Now there are no exhibitions, but you still can't get hold of them!

Website fine for me on Chrome and Safari FWIW.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, njee20 said:

There's a glorious irony that there was always a monthly thread about how hard it was to get hold of Shawplan, and the answer was always "Brian's just so busy at exhibitions, and he doesn't do email, and he doesn't answer the phone, you need to send a carrier pigeon". Now there are no exhibitions, but you still can't get hold of them!

Website fine for me on Chrome and Safari FWIW.

God forbid Brian might be having time out with his family and doing things that he wants to do, he might even be doing some modelling for himself.

Mike.

• Like 2

Perhaps I was just lucky but I placed the order via email and waited for Brian to find it - it took him 3 days because he had been out all week having been "called in to work". After that it took just 4 days to receive the order.

A long-standing acquaintance running a small-scale model railway manufacturing and retail business explained to me more than once that he runs it mainly as a hobby as it doesn't generate enough income to live on. Paying the bills still required a main occupation, so attention can get diverted. We should be patient if the 'one-man-band' proprietor is still below retirement age!

I realise that Modelmaster is the subject of another thread but I also placed an order there on 18th August for steam plates, one red diesel plate and one transfer sheet. The order took 25 days to arrive (last Friday) but their website does state 2-3 weeks and red plates can take an extra 7 days to prepare, so it's about right. The point is, patience is a virtue (all modellers should have it in abundance, right?! :D)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

God forbid Brian might be having time out with his family and doing things that he wants to do, he might even be doing some modelling for himself.

Mike.

Calm down love, it just amuses me. Look back through the forum, you'll find at least 10 threads asking "is Shawplan still trading?", and the answer is always "yes, but he's so busy with shows, you really need to catch him at one". Now there are no shows, and we still have threads asking if Shawplan is still trading. This is the second I've seen recently. Entirely his prerogative if he wants to be elusive, most of his business is clearly to the manufacturers, just tickled me. 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Flood said:

Just so everyone else knows, Brian emailed me today to say he won't now be available until 28th Sept.

Bachmann again?

I am waiting on a huge pile pf glazing.