Looking for replacement OO Wheels

I hove purchased a number of HO Gauge wagons to run on my layout but some are set up for Marklin system without any insulated axels

The wheel size is 10.5 so I obtained some Alan Gibson pin point axels to replace those on the HO wagons

But the axel is 24.75 and the Alan Gibson is 26.0 which is enough to give friction and  wagons don't run smooth

Any suggestions of some 10.5 mm wheels with a pinpoint axle length of 24.75

Thanks

Peter

Edited by Peter749

• RMweb Gold

Gibson do 24.5mm axles to suit old Lima stock by special order.

from the catalogue:

For Lima and most other continental rolling stock a shorter axle (24.5mm long) is required and these can be supplied to special order. When ordering these please specify very clearly that you require these shorter axles and be prepared to allow an extra day or two for delivery. NB! Only wheels set to ‘00 gauge can be supplied and they are charged at a slight premium price code C per axle

Edited by Bucoops
add catalogue quote
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I appreciate this is only of marginal usefulness, but this subject has been discussed here in the last few weeks and there was a supplier of  Lima length replacement wheelsets, in Germany I think. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edited by spamcan61

Are insulated DC compatable wheels available from Maerklin themselves as spares.

Guagemaster list wheels as spares to order but I don't know if they are AC or DC wheels.

May be worth asking them

Andy

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Gibson do 24.5mm axles to suit old Lima stock by special order.

from the catalogue:

For Lima and most other continental rolling stock a shorter axle (24.5mm long) is required and these can be supplied to special order. When ordering these please specify very clearly that you require these shorter axles and be prepared to allow an extra day or two for delivery. NB! Only wheels set to ‘00 gauge can be supplied and they are charged at a slight premium price code C per axle

DCKits stock 12mm with Lima Length 24.5mm axles.

See: 

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=131_176&product_id=829

• Informative/Useful 1