Bug screen for spray booth vent

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I am currently setting up my spray booth in the shed.

It's this Bartsharp one:

https://bartsharpairbrush.co.uk/product/airbrush-spray-booth/

I included their extractor kit in my purchase but have now found I can't use it, so am going to have a proper extractor set up à la tumble drier

However I was unable to find a wall mount vent with a bug screen

Any suggestions as what I can use?

BTW I had to replace the flexihose as well as the one used by Bartsharp is a non standard size and will not connect to anything else!

With the new one I don't need the rubber size convertor either as the new standard diameter hose fits straight on the spray booth outlet.

I needn't have bought the vent kit at all!:(

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, heavymetalwagons said:

Sods lay 

Have you looked on screwfix for vents? Also look at there kitchen fan ducting stuff 

If no joy what about a old t shirt over the inside of the vent 

That's where I looked, ended up at B&Q (same company) for the same item as I already had to go there but couldn't find a 100mm vent with a screen.

I've bought the vent and the ducting (better than the original) but just need a bug screen for the vent to stop the critters from the nearby hedge getting in.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the suggestions chaps.

I found the ideal thing whilst I was tidying up the railway room.

I built a new PC last year and one of the items that was included with the case was a plastic mesh filter (not foam!) for a  optional 100mm case fan which I haven't used.

It is exactly the same size as the wall mounted vent, even to the postion of the 4 mounting holes and it's very free flowing, so it's sorted.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1