Moorswater Cement.

Introduction

In an other topic i asked for combination with the Class 153 , i´ve just ordered a Dapol Class 66 in Freightliner livery .

I´m gonna build a small micro with a simple railplan and a  station at the end of the line with some goods arrangement.

The goods arrangement is based with 2 tracks and the platform 1 track for the Class 153,

The layout becomes 80cm x 20cm . it is a point to pont thing and a ´blackbox´ with a traverser behind it.

DSC08306.jpg

Dapol-2-D-007-004.jpg

For the future i will buy some freightcars and a second locomotive and a second dmu.

• Like 2

Introduction 2

When i started this topic , i was thinking what i should make on a small surface, i make a sort of list what i i want.

-Rural/local line

-A Maintenace workshop for local locomotives 

-Buildings  with station environment 

-A pair of switches

-An end platform

Then i am gonna find some things on the internet .

Later more 

• AlexClass4F changed the title to Moorswater Cement.

Introduction 3

Sometimes it is necessary to come to a definitive name after a number of considerations, you start looking for what suits you best. I still remember that I once wanted to build Moorswater Cement in scale 00, but that due to circumstances and the feeling that it was rather difficult, it did not work.

That is why I am going to make another attempt to build after a long time.

mwc1.jpg

mwc2.jpg

mwc3.jpg

coombejunctionhalt1.jpg

cjh2.jpg

cjh3.jpg

cjh4.jpg

mwc4.jpg

I´m gonna make a small version if it with an own input of it.

Edited by AlexClass4F
  • Like 5

Starting

After the track has been placed on it and checked for irregularities, the next step comes.

DSC08346.jpg

Applying a bevel to the railway verge, I do this with a putty knife that has been pre-moistened with water.

The sloping side, which is malleable wood from a tube from the DIY store, is first applied as a line against the side of the 'railway berm'.

Then you will make an oblique edge with the putty knife at an angle of 45 degrees, you do this by making a smearing movement with the putty knife, make sure that the stripe you took out of the tube before it touches the side so that the 1 whole is going to be .

When that's done, fill the top with what's left of the bevel and smooth it with the putty knife flush with the side the track is on.

Finally, let it dry for a while.

• Like 3

When you work the bevels with brown paint, you can also use the paint as a kind of glue, which ensures that the first impetus to the landscaping provides the basis.The first steps towards landscaping have been made, this will be further corrected later.

DSC08347.jpg

DSC08348.jpg

Later in the day the ballast will come between the track and be thinned in with water and wood glue,after you first sprayed with a fine mist with a plant sprayer.

The railway verge will be supplemented with grass pollen and some wild plants, here and there some shrubs.

Edited by AlexClass4F
  • Like 1

Other things

When i get stuck in the hobby , i have another great one :

16826102-1258801354205794-74261893632800

I played guitar almost 25 years , i became popular in regional goups in the province where i was born and have lived.

Now i live in another province  ,but my wife comes there from .

There ar many 60´s tunes ,especially in the UK where my heart belangs to , unknown for me because is was not born in the 60´s .

You can see in my profile which is my favorite flavor.

At last i found a sketsch of Moorswater Cement  ;-)

DSC08350.jpg

• Like 2

I have replaced the shrubs with lower ones so you get a better view of the whole.

You see a better result and it comes across more naturally.

DSC08370.jpg

I have some questions to yours .

What does the initials  E N and GW, means on goodswagons  ?

Could you use a brake with E N on it with a locomtive  from British Railways or must it be the same ?

Now i have 2 pannier steam locos , one the preserverd ncb 7754 wich i  think it´s a particular locomotive for industy and British railways  8767, can i used bith in the same era or will be as a museumlocomotive deployed ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexClass4F said:

I have some questions to yours .

What does the initials  E N and GW, means on goodswagons  ?

Could you use a brake with E N on it with a locomtive  from British Railways or must it be the same ?

Hi Alex.

NE could mean North Eastern Railway (NER), which according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Eastern_Railway_(United_Kingdom) was later grouped into the London North Eastern Railway (LNER). Whether NE marked wagons would have made it into BR times I don't know, and if they did I don't know how common it would have been to have a GW wagon or BR loco with an NE brake van.

Regards, James

My guitars , Squier Jazzmaster , with a great sound , is from2012,  the sunburst and butter scotsh Squier classic vibe are from 2010 and my Fender Stratocaster Fiesta red USA is from 1957 , because i´m the second owner and as amp hav i a Vox AC15.

A classical setup, i play mainly music of The Shadows  and simular groups of that era.

Back to trains .The goodswagons i have , was bought in group of 18 pieces  on a place  on the internet , the owner sell it was from Peco .

There are really 16 wagons of  Peco , but one unknown and one from Iberrtren wich is not an english wagon.

The wagons are mainly for the museum/trains.

• Like 2