Derailment caught on live Railcam

woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

Wow. My boys and me used to watch that camera quite often. Usually something going on there, very busy. Its going to cause havoc! I bet the driver needed a change of pants after that, wouldn't fancy toppling off there at that height.:negative:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

We were there in 2018 during the Kansas City NMRA Convention. A superb location so we watch the live railcam most days. Today my other half came running to the shed to tell me about the derailment as it was on our living room PC whilst she was on her work laptop WFH.  I then had to pause my work to switch on the shed pc to watch. There was  2800 watching a few minutes ago.

Good grief that's a right mess

https://globalnews.ca/video/7333784/cn-confirms-train-carrying-potash-derails-near-hope

Video shows a massive train derailment near Hope, BC. CN says up to 20 cars carrying potash derailed at Hunter Creek road and Laidlaw. The company says there are no injuries – fires – or dangerous goods involved. More to come.

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO
added info

Well that's absorbed this evening's free time!

Surprised to see this, a 'Dozer just going across the tracks. Would this be allowed in the UK? No surprise they have derailments if any 20 ton piece of plant can just drive over the track.

746827647_VFRRailDerailment1.JPG.c5fe284a8ec74d3b136ef31f85fee163.JPG

902459789_VFRRailDerailment2.JPG.969b94ba9cd9e5a3904fed5c2587c977.JPG

1410027075_VFRRailDerailment3.JPG.3c259e800be3aa802a012aab78eafd7b.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

Surprised to see this, a 'Dozer just going across the tracks. Would this be allowed in the UK? No surprise they have derailments if any 20 ton piece of plant can just drive over the track.

902459789_VFRRailDerailment2.JPG.969b94ba9cd9e5a3904fed5c2587c977.JPG

At a guess they will be burying the track in gravel to create a base for the cranes when it is time to go after the engines - thus that track will need to be carefully checked after all the gravel is later removed anyway.

Still hard at work - one of the carriers was lifted off last night - they had to use gas cutters before it was free to lift.

At the moment attention is on the lead loco - there was a lot of equipment in front of it during daylight yesterday and there's stuff there now in a different position.

I wonder if they are going to try and recover the locos on the bridge and not lift them off - cannot imagine such a huge lift would be easier than lifting the loco where is stands and sticking some temporary track underneath

image.png.37d24b6d7b809f8b5dfc8dfd8781715e.png

• Like 2

It's a double track bridge, so they must have space to shift the locomotive about - the crane is now moving by the side of the upright loco.

image.png.f754e301cdda6f597c23bde0f08a5fd0.png

Looking on Google, perhaps it was a failure on that crossing of some sort as that is where the issue looked to have started before the locos came to rest a little further on.

image.png.8401e1cac941ce76d930bf9bbc1586b1.png