Help with Brassmasters Jinty detail set

gazer117

Hi, I am in the process of detailing a Bachmann Jinty using brassmasters detailing set, but I'm stuck when it comes to the injectors. 

I can't work out how/where to fit the injectors as the instructions are wonderfully vague and the pictures online don't clear things up much more. Has anyone got a photo of the brassmasters injectors fitted to a Jinty or photo of the real thing that might help show me where they fit ?

7 minutes ago, gazer117 said:

Hi, I am in the process of detailing a Bachmann Jinty using brassmasters detailing set, but I'm stuck when it comes to the injectors. 

I can't work out how/where to fit the injectors as the instructions are wonderfully vague and the pictures online don't clear things up much more. Has anyone got a photo of the brassmasters injectors fitted to a Jinty or photo of the real thing that might help show me where they fit ?

I'm not overly knowledgable about these things but do you happen to have a photo of the part in question?

52 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Looking at the instructions and the images on the Brassmaster site it looks like they're glued to the back of the steps

They are basically two "Y" shaped pieces of casting with a 90 degree bend at the bottom. I'd guess that the two arms of the Y shape are mounted at the top and the single piece with 90 degree bend facing outwards underneath the bottom of the steps ?

Yes, they go behind the steps - a common position for tank engine injectors. I need to finish mine but before you fit them properly, do check that they clear the rods. I had to remove quite a bit of whitemetal to achieve clearance (in EM).

Adam