Toying around with 0.4.0 locomotives.

NorthBrit

Now that the grandchildren want to run 'the big diesels' I have been toying around with altering the look of 'the little engines'.

First up are the Hornby D Class.   A simple cut  of part of the cab.  Some black paper for a bunker.   

IMG_4228.JPG.f98c4fa8b1332245f712f6f409a73602.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG.271c73d71cf4890daa0bb1f511f6cc23.JPG

Coal and crew to be added.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Simple things like cutting off the molded details like hand rails and door darts transform these locos, I do like the half cabs on the locos

Thanks for your  comments, hayfield.  Much appreciated.

As you say, removing the moulded details will transform the locos.  A little job added to the list.  lol

5 minutes ago, NorthBrit said:

Thanks for your  comments, hayfield.  Much appreciated.

As you say, removing the moulded details will transform the locos.  A little job added to the list.  lol

56.jpeg.5552b5ae360cc8276db35e732daaacf6.jpeg

This is a bit of a mongrel and not all improvements were carried out on this loco. The good thing about the plastic used by Triang is that normal solvents work on it. This is Mk 1 and mk 2 has been started, using an etched chassis the cab is clear of motors, though with an 0-4-0T the chassis is a bit short, might look better with a cut down bunker. Mk 2 has an 0-6-0 etched chassis

I am waiting to get my lining pen out. As its just a test bed

57.jpeg.fd9c2b63ba09398c0d1646f15baead11.jpeg

The chassis is built to P4 standards, temporally has Romford wheels on Romford P4 axles, once I am happy with the chassis I have a set of Gibson P4 wheels

The chassis is a Branchlines Hornby Caly Pug replacement, High Lever gearbox and a Mashima motor

• Like 2