EWS Class 60 cab notices

Pillar

Does anyone have a clear photo of the large safety notices posted on the cab doors and walls of EWS Class 60s? These are quite prominent even from the outside and I thought it would be good to include as a detail.

Unfortunately, I've yet to come across a clear enough image to make a decal.  The excellent 'British Rail Class 60 Locomotives' by Edward Gleed includes a closeup, but unfortunately it cuts off half of the notice.

Cheers,

Liam

I've not got a picture to hand, but it's the standard EWS resuscitation poster. DB have removed them, on some locos the door is plain orange, on others there is a grey rectangle where the poster was stuck on.

The white square sticker behind the driver's seat says something about the importance of keeping the compartments clean.

From memory there's nothing else stuck on the visible bits of the cab walls, all the other notices are above the windscreens.

At the no.2 (exhaust) end most locos have a metal pocket behind the second man's seat for holding the fault book.

Edit to add, it seems the location of the fault book can vary. I've seen pictures of it both ends, and even one behind the driver's seat, not the second man's.

Here's a link to my decals in N, if you scroll through the pics there's a photo of the real cab interior.

https://steadfastmodels.wordpress.com/n-1148-class-60-cab-decals/

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Was it a poster specific to EWS?

If not, it may be a standard one produced by the HSE or one of the companies who supply such things. In which case, you may be able to do a Google search and find an image you can use.

EDIT: Just remembered Brian Daniels' Flickr has an album of class 60 details and it includes this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brianews/5863453433/sizes/l/

(Note there's a 2048x3072 pixel, should be big enough to read!)

Edited by keefer