New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well?

This is excellent news. I am particularly interested in the Northern 156s. Have you decided yet on which Northern liveries will feature in this batch? A few I can think of is the blue and green Northern 'Spirit', Northern Rail Serco Abellio purple with branding (as pictured above), Northern Rail Serco Abellio unbranded and the latest Northern Rail white. 

Have you also decided on any running numbers, station destination blinds, and if they will have pristine or weathered finishes on the Northern 156s?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

This is excellent news. I am particularly interested in the Northern 156s. Have you decided yet on which Northern liveries will feature in this batch? A few I can think of is the blue and green Northern 'Spirit', Northern Rail Serco Abellio purple with branding (as pictured above), Northern Rail Serco Abellio unbranded and the latest Northern Rail white. 

Just a guess but the picture above would appear to be a pretty strong hint that it will not be either of those...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, JDW said:

Just a guess but the picture above would appear to be a pretty strong hint that it will not be either of those...

Maybe not but is their any harm in asking Charlie to confirm or deny my thoughts?

Also with Charlie announcing that their would be three Northern liveried versions of the 156, I wondered if they would all be the same livery but with different running numbers and destination blinds, or potentially two or three different liveries across the three models. 

I'm asking because the Northern 'spirit' livery is not the era that I model, so I wouldn't need to buy one/any, and with the Serco Abellio both branded and unbranded now been replaced with the 'white' livery this is technically not current, so I may decided that I don't want to buy either of those liveries even if they were available, if for example a 'white' current liveried Northern 156 was available instead. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

On 19/09/2020 at 01:24, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well?

Have you also decided on any running numbers, station destination blinds, and if they will have pristine or weathered finishes on the Northern 156s?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Northern X 2.   Unbranded X 1

Suggestions & Photos welcomed + destinations.

156464-2.jpg

IMG_1251.JPG

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Northern X 2.   Unbranded X 1

Suggestions & Photos welcomed + destinations.

156464-2.jpg

IMG_1251.JPG

6 hours ago, charliepetty said:

IMG_1515 (1).JPG

Thank you for confirming Charlie, and brilliant photos. 

Believe it or not I don't have any recent, if any at all of the Northern 156s. I believe last year, I can't confirm for this year that they were working the Leeds to Southport and Southport to Leeds services. I also believe that last year at least they did feature on other workings out of Leeds but I don't know which ones. Does anyone else know, or know of any other workings/services that the Northern 156s currently work on or have recently worked?

Depending upon the recent and current services the Northern 156s are working I may be interested in either a branded or unbranded one. Very exciting times, especially with the Northern 142s in the pipeline too. 

Do you know when the Northern 156s are due to arrive and do you have an update on the ETA of the Northern 142s?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

1444219458_142sHuddersfield.JPG.fe7372987d535a99de42b53f2f4a32f8.JPG

2 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for confirming Charlie, and brilliant photos. 

Believe it or not I don't have any recent, if any at all of the Northern 156s. I believe last year, I can't confirm for this year that they were working the Leeds to Southport and Southport to Leeds services. I also believe that last year at least they did feature on other workings out of Leeds but I don't know which ones. Does anyone else know, or know of any other workings/services that the Northern 156s currently work on or have recently worked?

Depending upon the recent and current services the Northern 156s are working I may be interested in either a branded or unbranded one. Very exciting times, especially with the Northern 142s in the pipeline too. 

Do you know when the Northern 156s are due to arrive and do you have an update on the ETA of the Northern 142s?

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

When we have a delivery the options/pre orders will go on the website.

The aim re Northern is to compliment our Pacers:98476830_Class144ModelNorthern1.jpg.60e7abbbdbe5daf0642d32eb33476169.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

1444219458_142sHuddersfield.JPG.fe7372987d535a99de42b53f2f4a32f8.JPG

When we have a delivery the options/pre orders will go on the website.

The aim re Northern is to compliment our Pacers:98476830_Class144ModelNorthern1.jpg.60e7abbbdbe5daf0642d32eb33476169.jpg

That's a brilliant idea Charlie and I will keep an eye on the website. 

I'm definitely interested in the Northern 142s and possibly the Northern 156s too. Exciting times. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

here’s my suggestion in a photograph..
5C45EF80-8D62-4F39-9560-B12E2D24CBC2.jpeg

Fantastic suggestion. Just been searching on Flickr and the 156s have worn the Northern Serco Abellio purple livery and branding since at least 2010 and I believe some still do in 2020, so that's at least a span of ten years in operation in this one livery. During my searches I have seen the Blackpool North blind quite a few times, so that's a really good suggestion. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hi Charlie,

I do like the suggestion of Lancaster - Morecambe especially as I’m building Morecambe.

A few more I’ve seen on workings are:

Carlisle - Lancaster

Windermere - Preston

Barrow - Preston

Manchester Airport to Liverpool or Southport

Carlisle - Newcastle

Preston - Buxton

Thanks

Mark