New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Will these replace the current tooling, or be an "optional extra" version allowing the older tooling to continue to be used for other appropriate historical liveries?

Nice though for those modelling their more contemporary colour schemes.

HI

Its an option that was considered from the start so its easy to do now, but it does not mean we cant do the original window layout .

Regards Arran

• Like 4

Sorry to take the discussion backwards, but the Leeds - Southport destination screen is very much welcome for me as it means leeds is covered and gives me a reason to purchase it :D. Although I'm sure there will be a destination blind from each area they operate in with Northern; North East, Manchester, Cumbria.

5 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

What livery??   Did a service go from Leeds to Southpost using 156's.

During a rare trip from the South to Leeds back in 2019 did observe Class 156 units on a number of long runs out of Leeds. They were seen operating Leeds-Southport and Leeds-Chester. Both services routed via the long and slow Calder Valley.

Capacity at Man Vic is the reason apparently why two services were joined up that resulted in a Leeds to Southport offering. Chester differs as that was a franchise commitment.

Perhaps reducing the size of Man Vic in 1992 was not the smartest of decisions....

I think some of the 156s with the new headlights have migrated in from other areas where they were replaced. I think there's a lot of Northern 156s still running around with original lights as a Northern refurb often will leave fittings in place. Some Newton Heath 156s might have started having headlights swapped over, but don't think rest of fleet received that mod. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2020 at 22:56, charliepetty said:

Just a small update to tooling changes on the Class 156.

Abellio Greater Anglia please!!!! (perhaps easier than before, as isn't the EWR just a few more layers of paint on the base AGA white?)

On 21/10/2020 at 15:59, charliepetty said:

Not currently, all our cash is going into a 142. 

Have you considered moving to a 'pre-order' model. I would be more than happy to cough up a few hundred in advance to ensure two things. 1. the 143/156 I wanted, actually happens and 2. (Most importantly) speed! I do feel, if you are short of the money, if you get customers to pay up front you could surely dash straight into production? I am sure I am not alone here, in long being a fan of you efforts but sadly only owning one model. My fear is, my interest in a GA 156 or a GWR 143 shall wander away if we are looking at a few more years (The Wessex 143 was once stated as 'for 2013'. I would have bought back then, but not now). Sorry I do not mean to be swiping, I just want you to swipe my bank card in your machine and get cracking on! This is an encouragement, not an attack! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 06/11/2020 at 00:34, The Black Hat said:

:protest:

Unless you were hard up for cash, why would you do that?????

Bachmann should get focused on the compitition, as currently they are under threat of getting all the top selling models wiped out, IE  Classes 24, 37, 45, 47, 55, 66. + All the freight stock. 

And there are more due, but not announced yet.

I wonder 'IF' a DJ Models J94 will sell better the a Class 37!

I know what I would be doing.    Charlie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 05/11/2020 at 17:44, 159220 said:

Abellio Greater Anglia please!!!! (perhaps easier than before, as isn't the EWR just a few more layers of paint on the base AGA white?)

Have you considered moving to a 'pre-order' model. I would be more than happy to cough up a few hundred in advance to ensure two things. 1. the 143/156 I wanted, actually happens and 2. (Most importantly) speed! I do feel, if you are short of the money, if you get customers to pay up front you could surely dash straight into production? I am sure I am not alone here, in long being a fan of you efforts but sadly only owning one model. My fear is, my interest in a GA 156 or a GWR 143 shall wander away if we are looking at a few more years (The Wessex 143 was once stated as 'for 2013'. I would have bought back then, but not now). Sorry I do not mean to be swiping, I just want you to swipe my bank card in your machine and get cracking on! This is an encouragement, not an attack! 

With 100K already commited to the 142 & 143/144 updates + the new tooling for 156s.  I think things are moving forward.  I am a firm believer of 'Have Cash-Do Model' not 'Borrow Cash-Do Model'

As IF you get chopped up be a bigger company , things don't go wrong!!  (DJ Models Story)

Remember: Dont spend cash you cannot afford to loose.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Unless you were hard up for cash, why would you do that?????

Bachmann should get focused on the compitition, as currently they are under threat of getting all the top selling models wiped out, IE  Classes 24, 37, 45, 47, 55, 66. + All the freight stock. 

And there are more due, but not announced yet.

I wonder 'IF' a DJ Models J94 will sell better the a Class 37!

I know what I would be doing.    Charlie

Hang on... I gave him the red card for the suggestion. I think your right that Bachmann should have been wary of their range being the choice for upgrades. Bachmann pick popular workhorses of the railway but they in turn are the ones that remain popular when upgrades are due or possible. 

The Realtrack units have set the bar when it comes to DCC and 2nd gen. Even the Bachmann 158 gets closer but does not meet the same standard as the 156. Personally, I cant wait for Realtrack to do the 142!

• Agree 2