New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having issues getting onto the Realtrack website, but very tempted to get one of these modded 156s.

Tempted to sell my repainted Northern 156 and put in an order for this one, is it too late to order at the discounted price mentioned earlier in the thread?

On 15/02/2021 at 22:27, charliepetty said:

No panic re the discounted prices.

See our other site:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=113_114_269

Charlie

When are the discounted prices staying till? Will they be available in a few months, and does clicking preorder mean paying in full, a deposit or just a means of guaranteeing the model you want?

I’m rather looking forward to getting a couple of these and the 142’s!

It shows two options.  Pay in Full.  Or Deposit.

Not set a date yes, depends on delivery info we get.  Not near that yet as the 'Covid' delays are still an excuse being used.

Charlie     PPS There are savings on the Pay in Full option !!!!!  Your choice though.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Charlie,

I understand this production run will be a mix of units with and without toilet mods.  I'd like to place an order for a mix of northern units, but can not tell which ones will have the toilet mods from the website. At the moment I suspect RT-156-422 will not have the toilet mods.  Also will RT-156-422 have no Northernrail branding? 

Thanks,

Paul

• Like 1

The ones in the New Livery have them as it has a window missing on one side.  Charlie

PPS The Covid issue has slowed this (And every other) project down, sorry.  

156471 Bubbles Livery.JPG

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, charliepetty said:

The ones in the New Livery have them as it has a window missing on one side.  Charlie

PPS The Covid issue has slowed this (And every other) project down, sorry.  

156471 Bubbles Livery.JPG

Are you planning on doing them with the "NORTHERN" instead of "northern" branding?

20 hours ago, amwells said:

Are you planning to do this one totally correct?

Not unless you were total wreckless, Hornby still have the model left over as do many shops!!  The good thing I suppose is with the current goings on there many traders will be scared to heavily discount them to create income, even though Hornby's Amazon Site might do.

Edited by charliepetty
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, charliepetty said:

Not unless you were total wreckless, Hornby still have the mode left over as do many shops!!  The good thing I suppose is with the current goings on there many traders will be scared to heavily discount them to create income, even though Hornby's Amazon Site might do.

It is a shame really they decided to do it really. I understand your reasoning, I didn't buy the Hornby one as it's not good enough.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Charlie, I just wondered if there’s a chance of Realtrack doing a East Midlands Railway Class 156 version in the future?

Yes.

But we still have a few EMT ones left, so not for some time I think.

Charlie1493352475_156922EMR.jpg.f388cb446fe4455af4e5e5338bd5a48c.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Yes.

But we still have a few EMT ones left, so not for some time I think.

Charlie1493352475_156922EMR.jpg.f388cb446fe4455af4e5e5338bd5a48c.jpg

Hi Charlie,

Perfectly understandable given you still have EMT ones in stock.  I really hope you do a run of EMR ones in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, really glad to see how active you are on here. If I wanted to go on a waiting list for a Saltaire 156 what's the best way to do this. I assume these are planned for 2022/23? Cheers