New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, james-htfc said:

@charliepetty Any chance you could badger Dapol for the artwork from their forthcoming 156? :wink_mini:

Would love some promotional Northern liveries although understand they are a bit niche!

2D-021-005_202107211720_3335740_Qty1_cat1.jpeg

Hi James,

I would like the Ravenglass branded one just like that too. The photo liveries are a bit niche but if we can get hold of the artwork in a high res format then it might be possible that some of the photo liveries can be done when the next batch of 156’s are produced by us at Rainbow Railways. Can’t promise anything but it’s certainly something I would like to see.

thanks

Mark

• Like 2

No thought on doing those, Dapols artwork seems fine for N Gauge but blown up by 50% I am not certain its good enough.   

IF artwork is out there OR anyone who knows a man in Lowestoft who works for a Vinyl Manufacturer, then let me know ?????

156464 Realtrack.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Some of the vinyled class 156s for Northern would be great. Personally, I would love to see the Bishop Auckland one done but that one is a more niche idea even more so than others that were done. The NRM is another that is likely to appeal to more popular choices although I would stay away from the S&C as that was done by Hornby. 

Other ideas for Rainbow could be Northern spirit with Northern trains branding (as in start of previous franchise), 156451? In northern trains light purple... 

If Realtrack do the main liveries and Rainbow respray into some niche ones or specials then I think that might be a nice balance. 

16 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’d bite their hand off if Rainbow Railway’s did the RAF 100 unit.

Hornby blocked us doing that as they had an 'Agreement' and Northern told me that there was no problems us doing that livery !!!!!   As long as Hornby gave you permission in writing.

Hornby's answer was :  ***** ** !

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Hornby blocked us doing that as they had an 'Agreement' and Northern told me that there was no problems us doing that livery !!!!!   As long as Hornby gave you permission in writing.

Hornby's answer was :  ***** ** !

If Rainbow Railway’s are using a 3rd parties decals and repainted the unit, surely it would be no different to me buying a 156, repainting and decal it, then sell it or would that still cause issues?

A ready Finished model for sale commercially is different to a kit that's been painted.

The Logo's etc are still 'Trademarks'

Northern told us no issues with the livery, even sent us the spec & drawings, but not to do the RAF.

Charlie

156452 Northern-Bubbles.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2021 at 15:10, james-htfc said:

@charliepetty Any chance you could badger Dapol for the artwork from their forthcoming 156? :wink_mini:

Would love some promotional Northern liveries although understand they are a bit niche!

2D-021-005_202107211720_3335740_Qty1_cat1.jpeg

First is to get the colours correct ??

156421-1 RT Website.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Due to heavy demand on Pre-Orders we have decided to produce a 3rd Strathclyde PTE 'Orange & Black liveried unit. 

Destinations are Carlisle-Glasgow as that is what many prospective customers are asking for.

More info soon.    Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 4

Hi jools.

We have had them on the Website to Pre-Order for some time now:

The rankings so far in sales are:

1st:    RT156-211 StrathclydePTE (Stranraer-Glasgow Central)

2nd:   RT156-212  Strathclyde PTE (Glagow QS - Stirling)

A third Strathclyde PTE one will be on the Website shortly (RT156-213 Glasgow Central-Carlisle.

Also on there are the 4 Versions of Northern, The Midnight Blue ones is our Standard tooling and of course the White Bubbles Livery is completly new tooling to accomodate the Toilet modifications for the current disabled regulations.

Realtrack-156211 Strathclyde-website.jpg

Realtrack-156212 Strathclyde-website.jpg

Realtrack-156421 Northern-Midnight-website.jpg

Realtrack-156422-Northern-Midnight-website.jpg

Realtrack-156411 Northern-Bubbles.jpg

Realtrack-156412 Northern-Bubbles-website.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

5 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Any more info on when we might see them? I am presuming lack of news means still unclear but I was wanting to check I hadn't missed anything.

Hoping for the summer as the cost of shipping containers might have come dow by then!!!!!

You might have notices that everybodies models are delayed currently from China with Covid being the excuse, I think that an excuse for price hikes from the Chinese.

Charlie

• Like 2

Stupid question (as normal from me) I have purchased the regional railways 00 sound version but when programming the cars are going in the opposite direction do you have to have the coupled together when programming to make them go the same way or am I missing something ( I probably am)

• 2 months later...